This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
should I send a happy birthday text to my ex boyfriends sister?
11-09-2012, 06:19 PM
should I send a happy birthday text to my ex boyfriends sister?
Me and my boyfriend of 4 years broke up 4 days ago.And I just checked my facebook and realised it was her birthday 2 days ago and I just want to send a happy birthday text to her.Should I is this a good idea?Me and her aren't the tightest of friends but we are friendly to each others faces.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:27 PM

nah... I wouldnt.
it would be one thing if you guys really were friends, like real friends.. then yeah, you shouldnt let an ex get in the way of that. but it doesnt sound you really need this girl in your life.. if she was a friend worth texting, you wouldnt even need to question it. in fact if you're really honest with yourself, you probably only really want to send her a text because she is a connection to him, not because you care about the outcome of her birthday..which is totally understandable, dont get me wrong. but I think it just might be better left unsaid. shes not pacing around her room wondering why you didnt wish her happy birthday. she wont even notice. but if you DO text her.. her first thought will be "wait.. I thought they broke up." and then her immediate second thought will be the assumption I made above. just a sad attempt to hold onto some connectedness to her brother. (whether its true or not, thats what she will think.)

Ads

u should just write on her wall "happy belated birthday" or if that stirs up gossip, message it. I think a text is more personal. and u don't need to be that personal

Yes that's a great idea! She will probably tell her brother and her brother will see what a sweet person you are Smile