This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How would you feel if you found out through myspace or facebook that you were adopted?
11-09-2012, 06:20 PM
How would you feel if you found out through myspace or facebook that you were adopted?
and that it was your birth mother sending you an email telling you this?

I seriously am asking for a friend, she plans to send the daughter she gave up an email. I'm just curious as to how that email would go.

"Hey, you don't know me but I'm your mom, lol. ttyl. ♥♥"

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:29 PM

idk thats an "iffy" situation.

facebook and myspace are just not personal at all and with information such as "I'm your biological mother" should be done through "Written" letter.

just my opinion though.

Ads

I think that it would be very irresponsible and look terrible on the mom's part. She should call her daughter and arrange to meet her. An e-mail on Facebook?! Please!

Maybe I am old-fashioned.. but major news like that should be said face to face or at least over the phone.

EDIT: I wish I found sisters all the time on facebook.

This happens to me a lot. The market for semi-flatulent 30-something year old geologists who can cook is WHITE-HOT.

that's crazy but if the daughter already knows she may not mind it and the mother could say anything because i find sisters all the time and i recently found my dad all because of facebook..

im not close to them or him but it was nice to add them as a friend lol

maybe the letter could say... hi im your biological mother i've always wanted to speak/see you and i knew this is the only we both wouldn't uncomfortable..

I think its the right thing to do but there has to be a better avenue than something like a social site

Until the age of probably seven or eight I kind of believed that I was adopted as my parents were not really that warm to me, but then I saw my birth certificate and was kind of shocked, but think your friend should think carefully about what she plans to do, she gave her up so she should probably wait until her child is grown up before starting to try and interfere.

Hay Wishy....

Let's you and I start up a social networking website called "MyBad".... lmao...

Is her daughter an adult? I would seriously hope that by the time someone reached adulthood they would already know whether or not they had been adopted. And I would hope that if her daughter is not an adult yet, that she would not try to contact her directly whether via facebook or other means. If that were the case, she should contact her through the adoptive parents (and let them decide if it is appropriate).

So far as I know, most states, provinces or countries have bureaus set up where adopted children and their biological parents can try to find each other or indicate that they do not wish to be contacted. That would be the channel I would suggest for trying to reach her daughter, rather than facebook.

j0e

That would go over like a wet fart in church.

What if the kid doesn't want to meet her?
She should go through the adoption agency,
or the kids parents to arrange a meeting.