This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you get the check beside your name on Twitter? (Making it official)?
10-02-2012, 11:08 AM
How do you get the check beside your name on Twitter? (Making it official)?
So I wanted to get one of the checks on Twitter, like how famous people, authors, singers, etc have it. I just don't know how to? Can anybody help me out please? (:

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2012, 11:16 AM

This program is currently closed to the public. This means they are not able to accept public requests for verification.

Ads

You have to be famous or known. The whole point of being verified is to let people know you are the real person and not someone juat pretending to be famous.

Twitter puts the check mark on. Nobody has control over it. Nobody can ask for one. They just know who is the real deal and who's not.

Sadly, Twitter's public beta version of account verification is no longer available. After a long period of manual testing, Twitter decided to close public applications for the program. Unless you're a Twitter advertiser or partner, you can no longer apply to become a verified account.

If you still want to confirm your identity, try linking to your Twitter profile from an associated official website using one of these widgets and/or buttons:
http://twitter.com/about/resources