This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is a nice way to decline a friend request on Facebook?
11-09-2012, 06:21 PM
What is a nice way to decline a friend request on Facebook?
Someone sent me a friend request on facebook. Apparently, he's a friend of one of my friends, but he doesn't live in my state and I do not know him. I won't accept a friend request from someone I don't know. I want to send him a note saying why I will decline, but what's a nice way to do it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:30 PM

jus hit dont accept or whatever it is. you shouldnt have to worry about what he thinks

Ads

honestly, you don't have to say anything. its not like myspace where if you check your sent friend requests and you don't see it there anymore, you know the person declined you. I have had plenty of people send me friend requests that I didn't know on facebook & I wait a few days and then decline it. they never know unless they keep checking. or talk to your friend who knows the person and find out why they sent the request in the first place. if its because they want to get to know you because of your friend, I'd say accept it and get to know them Smile

You said "he doesn't live in my state and I do not know him". I think that's a nice note AND it's the truth.

ignore it? or just dont accept..there really is no nice way i suppose

In the friend request dialog bock, there is a button called "Ignore this request".

It sounds like you would like to talk to him, but you also do not talk to people who are out of state and/or you don't know. I would decide to either talk to him or not talk to him. Remember, there are many ways to communicate with people.

If you choose not to accept the request the other person does not actually get a notification about it.
keep in mind that heaps of people just add anyone and everyone to get their friend count up- even though they never intend on talking to them- this is harmless although a little annoying.
I think its probably not necessary to send them a message as to why you don't want to be friends with them as that seems a little harsh because he hasn't done anything wrong or offensive to you. All he has done is added someone he recognised as a friend, it not like he asked you out or anything. If you really really need to send a note- something polite and short would be all you need like...thanks for the add, I don't know you all that well, and i really like to use face book for my close friends- thanks for your understanding- all the best!
Before you do it think about how you would feel if you innocently added someone you kind of knew and got a response like that- you might feel a bit shot down for doing nothing wrong.

I would just hit "deny". Don't bother with trying to message him. Just ignore it and hope that he doesn't notice.

when you recive a f.r. you can view his profile. if his email is on his profile write it down deny the request and email him.hope it helps!

keep him/her request pending forever!