This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I introduce myself to my half sister?
11-09-2012, 06:22 PM
How do I introduce myself to my half sister?
I just found my half sister on facebook. We have never met or spoken. What should I say to her, and how do I say it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:31 PM

Just say hello how are you. I am so glad to discover you. Lets us get together and hang out to see if we get along well we may become friends as well.

Ads

"hi im your half sister" would work

Does she know that you are her half sister? If so, then just talk to her, if she doesn't, you should arrange to see her in person before you tell her that you are.

Compliment something she's wearing, then ask where she got it. Solves many things

1. makes her think you like her
2. gives you some sort of common ground
3. Lets you make plans to go shopping

Make sure its something real though. If she's wearing a puke green shirt, don't compliment that.

First, just add her as a friend. Then, start talking to her and get to know her better. When you think it's the appropriate time and not too awkward just talk about your families. Then say, "Hey, (I think) you're my half sister. If you need any more advice contact me.(hamsterluver13urule@hotmail.com)

Just be honest with her - dont pretend to be someone you"re not :-)

Shes gotta be half like you so shes probably gonna like you !

umm wierd but okay.
But if i were you i would of said
hi you might not know me but ur my half sister and i would like for us to get to know each other sence were family after all if you like i would like to start by bein friends. WELL GOOD LUCK

I met my half sister FTF. Got one more to go. But the one I did meet we stood there looking at each other then we hugged and I held her as she cried.
BTW which half are you going to claim as your sister? What are you going to do with the other half? I answered the way I did so I could answer your question. But I claim both girls as my sisters, no half to it.

I actually had almost this same thing happen to me on myspace. I have only seen my half sister 4 times in my life (I am getting ready to turn 22.) and she is 11 years older than me. She found me on myspace and just sent me an e-mail said "Hey this is Crystal. I don't know if you know who I am but I'm your half sister and wanted to see if you would like to get to know each other." That was 2 years ago. It worked out, and I am going to see her and her husband and two kids this summer.