This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whats the etiquette on having your ex's family on your Facebook?
11-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Whats the etiquette on having your ex's family on your Facebook?
My husband of almost three years and I separated last month, and I am planning to file for divorce very soon. He is still my "friend" on Facebook for the moment, as are his sister, nephews, an aunt, and a few cousins and their spouses. I only know his family through him, but I really like them and will miss them dearly. Is it too odd to keep them on my Facebook after the split?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:31 PM

Sure, why not? Unless the divorce is hostile and them family has grown bitter towards you (And I don't think they did, you seem to still like them, lol), there's no reason to unfriend them.

I hope this helped.

Ads

Not at all. (Of course, if it becomes bitter, they may un-friend you or vice versa) I am friends with my ex's on fb as well as their family. You just need to be careful with your posts if you are mad at him etc.

No Its Not Odd you can Still Keep in touch with them despite the split

An ex colleague of mine split up from his wife of 25yrs to go out with a lady he met on the net. He still keeps in touch with his now ex wifes family and still send birthday cards etc. As long as you got on with them, and they dont mind keeping in touch with you , then whats up with that, go for it.