This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
School invading privacy?
11-09-2012, 06:26 PM
School invading privacy?
Recently our school vice principal has gotten a Twitter account and looking up students accounts and is punishing them for tweeting offensive or inappropriate things. She has been notifying parents also. I know this is not right and am not sure if its entirely legal. So I would just like to know if this is illegal or not.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:34 PM

I'm not sure if this is legal or not, but it's certainly a ridiculous invasion of privacy (and surely your vice principal has better things to do with her time than stalk the students). Make your own social networking accounts private, and encourage your classmates to do the same - if possible, specifically block your vice principal from viewing your tweets on Twitter.

Ads

its not, school can't punish you anyway but maybe kick you out of extra curricular activities

As of right now there has been no real set ruling on things like this. It is still very much a gray area. I think in the next few years we will see where the line is drawn. Unfortunately I know this doesn't exactly answer your question however this is the best that is out there.

Its ok everyone he goes to school in China they can do that Joe is totally a Chinese name...lol