This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to sell my hairbows?
11-09-2012, 06:27 PM
how to sell my hairbows?
I make really cute hair bows and I've tried posting on craigslist and using facebook but I can't get any bites. Everyone tells me how adorable and cute they are but for some reason I can't sell them. I'm selling them in a pack of 4 for a pretty good price, but need tips on how to sell them that won't cost me a lot of money. please help me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:35 PM

Hmm, I know a lotta people who hit off selling such things on DeviantArt, if you'd consider your work a "form of art".

Ads

CALL THE BERGAMEISTER AT B UND H VENTALATORS IN AKRON, OHIO

UND TELL EM YOU WANT TO DONATE,

LOOK ON THE WEB

You know I like doin' that too but I can't a answer but this is might a help:
http://www.girlythingsbows.com/

Have you got a business name and brand sorted? Do that first before you start selling your bows. As they could become really popular but noone will know what your company is called. Create a business email address too, but you can hold it with gmail, yahoo, hotmail etc any one of those, but just make sure it has your business name in it or something along the lines of that Smile

Then, once you've established a name and brand, create a Page on Facebook and have all your friends 'Like' your page. Keep posting and posting up on your wall and their walls until they do. Once they do, other people who don't know you but are friends with your friends on Facebook, will start clicking 'Like' on your page if they are interested in your products. Eventually, this will keep getting popular and popular if you have good products and keep your Facebook page up to date.

Offer payment methods on your Facebook page, ie: PayPal.. people don't even need to sign up to PayPal to pay through it. Make sure you upload all your photo's of your products and put the name, item number and price as the photo description. Also include at this point, your payment method and perhaps delivery information and times. Or you can create a Note inside your page of your company's Terms & Conditions, this can include; privacy, contact information, delivery times etc.

Some people may not want the hassle of waiting for a invoice to be sent to them from PayPal and some might use eBay. So, I would create an eBay ID in the name of your business and start selling your bows on them. Then post up the links to the eBay ads on your new Facebook Page. You could also create a Twitter account if you have time. When you upload a link to Twitter, it brings up your hits dramatically.

I'd offer a good deal as a start-up to your business such as; 'A free gift with every order when I hit 500 likes on Facebook' or something along those lines, and also advertise this on your eBay listings. But do not include a URL to Facebook or any other website not connected with eBay as this is against eBay rules. However, on your About Me page on eBay, you are allowed to upload links to wherever you wish, as long as you aren't violating the rules, so here you can upload your link to your Facebook page for people to click on.

Make up Thank You slips, business cards or invoices that you wish to pack with your products once people have bought from you. Make sure these are branded with your company's name or logo on them. You can also create Money-Off Vouchers for their next purchase etc, if you so wish.

Good luck Smile