This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to write a letter to people telling them a friend is dead?
11-09-2012, 06:27 PM
How to write a letter to people telling them a friend is dead?
My best friend died a few days ago, and her parents have asked me to make a mass message on facebook and send it out telling eveyone of her passing ( they have called her close friends) what do I say? Do I say the cause of death or/and what else?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:35 PM

Here I will start one for you:

A few days ago, a very close, and loved one has passed away, I was told to spread the saddening words. Please pray for her family, and wish for the best, R.I.P _______

or even:

R.i.p _____ you will be sadly missed.

or:

A few days ago, a young body passed away, I was told to spread the saddening word, she was a kind, happy, smart, humane, and lived a good life. R.I.P______

hope it helped, and sorry about your loss

Ads

Just say your friend passed away on (insert date) and that she will rest in peace?

have a look at the obits in a newspaper and go by that. I would not go into detail other than to say the friend passed after a long illness, short illness, suddenly, tragically or among family and friends.

Keep it simple. Something along the lines of "Sadly, Sara Jones passed away on May 20, 2011, from (cause of death.)....." If there's a memorial or funeral service that's going to be open to the public, include the details of that, and if the family is asking for donations to a particular cause in lieu of flowers, provide the name of the charity as well.

I think Mejaki gave you best answer. Also if the obituary is on line you could maybe post a link. But definitely just say that your friend passed away on whatever day from whatever she passed from. You could say I'm saddened to share with you that our friend (insert name) passed away from (insert what happened) on (insert date). Keep it simple and also like I said if you know details about funeral arrangements put that in there too.