This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I change my facebook relationship status to 'single' without people seeing?
11-09-2012, 06:28 PM
How do I change my facebook relationship status to 'single' without people seeing?
Just broke up with my boyfriend and I don't want people to find out over facebook or have to look at all the sympathy comments. Thanks in advance Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:36 PM

Try changing it, then deleting the post? Good luck Smile

Ads

You just do it, then immediately go to your profile and simply delete the entry where it says "??? is now single" (??? being your name, obviously)

Unfortunately I don't know if you can do this. Wait until your ex turns his to single and yours should go too? If not, maybe 'marry' a friend. This means everyone thinks your having a laugh. After a day or two if you change it to single it would look like you broke up with your friend Smile hope it helps xx

You first go to your profile, then go to edit profile. Then go to friend and family. And you should see relationship and put none. There.

Change it, then quickly delete the update that appears on your wall. People will find out though because your relationship status at the top won't say. "In a relationship with So and So".

Change it to "single" Then immideiatly go to your profile and where it says "went from being in a relationship to single" there shoud be and x,just click on it and it will delete the post

Just go to account, privacy settings and then click on Customize Settings. There you will be able to customize who and what can see.

Well that sort of defeats the point of facebook. You change your status only as a way of letting your network know.

You can leave the relationship box empty. Which won't notify others.

Leave it as "in a relationship" when your ex asks why you have not changed it you can tell him you have already found someone else to rub it in.