This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to comfort a guy friend after a break-up?
11-09-2012, 06:28 PM
How to comfort a guy friend after a break-up?
One of my friend's girlfriend just completely broke his heart and posted the whole thing on her Facebook wall before he even knew they had broken up. Right now he's at a military training camp for teens, so we have a limited time to text and talk. I've known him for a pretty long time & we had dated a little bit last year, but we are just friends now. How should I try to comfort him?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:36 PM

I'd say just let him be, if the guy is in a vulnerable state, any "comfort" from you might make him feel like you are trying to be more than friends once again, and, if he feels this way at any point and your deny him, he'll end up feeling worse.

Ads

do not let him feel that you pity him just let him feel you are there for him and you're on his side so he knows he has a shoulder.make him feel comfortable by not bringing the whole thing up but let him feel that you didn't like her act at all
hope i helped Smile

If he's sensitive, ensure him that you're there for him and help him in anyway you can, tell him there's plenty of other girls, and if he tells you she was the only one, tell him the obvious, that she isn't. Otherwise he wouldn't be where he is now. If he isn't sensitive, challenge him to man up and crawl out of his pity hole, and odds are he'll be better soon.

Just let him be especially if you dated each other before. He's in a pretty sensitive situation right now and a rebound relationship is the last thing he needs.

I would say that to comfort a guy friend after a break-up, you will need to say something nice to him. This depends on how he reacts to certain behavior. It's unpredictable, but give that a try!

Good luck!