This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to convince parents to let me make a FaceBook account ?
11-09-2012, 06:30 PM
How to convince parents to let me make a FaceBook account ?
Okaay, I'm 13 ( and I have a 15 year old sister).
And my dad won't let us make a facebook. I have no idea why.
Anywwhoo I'm wondering if you guys could give me some really good reasons to persuade him.

5 stars for the best answer! xO
Thankkss. :L

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:39 PM

tell him that if he got facebook and you both got facebook he could be able to see what your doing and who your friends are, or you could just not tell him and like put a Z infrontof your names. hope i helped Smile

Ads

Well, if you've ever had pets (that you've taken care of, and not let your dad take care of them for you) then you can use them as an example of how responsible you are. Tell him that you promise not to post any inappropriate content or go "liking" things crazily and anything else you can think of. Tell him that you'll post on his wall when it's his birthday, and don't forget to say "I love you" a billion zillion times. Tongue Hope this helps!

Well, Actually if you get a Facebook you can connect with people that can help you with homework, or If you and somebody have a project together you guys can contact each other. You can see your family that you don't see very often on Facebook Smile You can see what your friends and family are up to and be more social.Give those a shot Smile Hope I helped!!

i recommand that,give ur password to him.and say him that he can check ur facebook anytime.and say him that u never do wrong work with facebook.also say him that ,if u do wrong work,dont let u to use facebook.with this condition he may persuade.

Make a deal with your parents that you will add them as a friend and give them full access to your account. Find out what their biggest concern is and try to work from there--for example, if they are worried about you spending too much time on the site, tell them that you will only spend ten minutes a day on the page (and mean it--stick to it!). If their concern is having you tagged in photos, show them that you can disable those features. If they're worried about bullying, tell them that they can monitor your activities and let them know that you'll ask for help if you need it.

Your best bet is to give them access and prove that you can use the site in a trustworthy manner. Tell them that they can delete your account at any time if they think that you aren't using it appropriately. Facebook can be a good tool for keeping up with your friends, but it has to be used responsibly.

In the modern world with its focus on game consoles, internet, and chat rooms, websites like Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace play an important part in many young people's lives. These websites are a valuable way to stay in touch with friends and family as well as share pictures and videos. Many parents are suspicious of the time their off-spring spend on such sites, as well as having legitimate concerns about their children's safety. Here's how to convince your parents to let you get a Facebook account.
Steps
Sit your parents down to discuss the issue in a calm and relaxed way. Tell them that you would really appreciate the opportunity to explain why you think you should be allowed to have such an account. This may not work if your parents are very sheltering. 2
Write everything that you will benefit from a Facebook account on a piece of paper. However, don't read off of the paper when you're talking to your parents. It will look too planned. So instead, try to memorize your key points. It will look like you're speaking from your mind rather than practicing for a public speaking event. Try to be mature and reasonable with your parents.
Explain that you would like the account to keep in touch with friends and that you will not use the account to talk to people they do not know and do not approve of. The general purpose of Facebook is to catch up with your friends from school, friends you meet at summer camp, old friends that had moved away, and people that you meet in real life from other schools.
Talk them through the safety features of the site - how you can restrict access to your page so that only your friends can see it.
Let them know that you are aware of the dangers of giving your personal details out on the internet and reassure them that you will follow all sensible steps to stay safe.
You will have to judge what your parents will find an acceptable amount of time spent on Facebook. - Assure them that all homework and chores will be done before you spend time on Facebook or the computer in general.
If they don't think you're mature enough, prove it to them. It may take two or three months, but it'll be worth it.
If your parents stand firm and it doesn't happen, wait a while. Let them forget about it, and then ask them again in a few weeks.