This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Twitter, Myspace, or Facebook for my child?
11-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Twitter, Myspace, or Facebook for my child?
My 12 year old daughter wants one of these, and I don't know which one to give her.
Which one is safest and the least safe? Please help, opinions would be great Smile
Thanks Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:43 PM

AS a paretn its up to you but I'm pretty sure those site have a minimum age of 13

Ads

Facebook. You can edit the privacy settings for her.

Well myspace is starting to get old so maybe that would be the safest and everyone loves facebook and twitter so most people switched to those...

Facebook say the minimum age is 13. I don't know about the others but I think only adults should use all of them.

I know for a fact that you have to be at least 13 to have a Facebook and Myspace. I don't use Twitter but Facebook (at the moment) seems to have the most security precautions if you're worried about that.

All of these do have an age minimum of 13 years old.

The least safe is Myspace.

I believe the safest is Twitter, however with the proper privacy settings (which you can control), Facebook is safe.

Facebook and Twitter. I had a myspace one, And some BAD Stuff just like, Popped up on my screen.

Safest: Twitter. Your daughter can read whats new about her friends, or celebrities. She can set her page to private, so only people she "follows" can see her page.

Least Safest: Myspace AND Facebook. People can search your daughters name, and know everything about her. Creepy people. It doesn't matter if you send your profile to private, people can still see her picture, where she is from, what school she goes to....

Twitter is the best choice.

facebook