This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can anyone say treyvon martin was in the wrong for anything?
11-09-2012, 06:37 PM
How can anyone say treyvon martin was in the wrong for anything?
He was shot dead and he didn't have a weapon.. a cop can't even fire a weapon unless they know for a fact the other person is armed and dangerous.. so why can this guy shoot someone unarmed and not even get taking to the police station.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:45 PM

The professional race baiters (Al, Jesse and Barry) are using this incident to keep racial resentment alive for their own personal gain.

Why are you helping them?

Ads

Because they're racist. I don't mind saying it. The Sandford police department are institutionally racist and the people who claim Martin was at fault are racists who like to ignore the facts.

http://fcir.org/2012/03/23/on-zimmermans...cial-slur/

To answer your question... it would be because at least one witness has stated that they saw Treyvon Martin (6'3" thin football player) on top of Zimmerman (5'4" fat at 250+ pounds, if I remember right from the information provided) beating him. And Zimmerman calling out for help prior to the gunshot. (Witness did not see the gunshot as they had gone and called 911 at this point.)

And Zimmerman claims that when his shirt came up, while Treyvon was on top of him on the ground, and exposed the gun that Treyvon reached for it. (per his statements made multiple times to the police, without a lawyer present as he has never requested one when the police asked him questions. And even took a polygraph, which per reports he passed)

Plus Zimmermans back of his shirt was wet and covered in grass, the blood on him matched him being underneath Treyvon when he was shot, he had a bloodied nose (broken per police report) and was bleeding from the back of the head (enough to need stiches per report), all of which matched with Zimmermans story.

Is this in anyway excusing the tragic death of Treyvon Martin?... heck no. But alot of what is being put out in the media right now is extremely biased as the police are not releasing all information yet as it is being investigated. I personally am waiting to see how the investigation turns out, as the bias in the media is extreme. (Showing pictures of Treyvon when he was 12 and 14 and tiny for example instead of any recent ones when he was 17... which are significantly different.) If it was self defense that is one thing, if not Zimmerman needs to pay for the crime.

Why is it that everyone is leaving out key information to the story like the fact that Zimmern had a bloody face,broken nose and scratches behind his head? Treyvon Martin was not hunted and killed he was lurking a neighborhood up to no good out there thugging and he attacked this man who shot in self defense its funny how people like you allow the media to spin the details and control your minds.

As George Zimmerman's supporters work to stem the rising tide of public outrage aimed at the neighborhood watchman who shot and killed Florida teenager Trayvon Martin last month, a new picture of the victim—culled from the 17-year-old's Facebook and Twitter accounts and witness testimony—has emerged.

"With a single punch," the Orlando Sentinel, citing police sources, reported Monday, "Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer ... climbed on top of [him] and slammed his head into the sidewalk several times, leaving him bloody and battered."

"That is the account Zimmerman gave police," the paper said, "and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses, authorities say."

Zimmerman's attorney, Craig Sonner, says that Zimmerman acted in self-defense and is not a racist as some have portrayed him.

"I think we need to let the investigation come forward and let all the facts in this case come out," Sonner said on the "Today" show. "I think it's going to tell a different story than the way it's been related and portrayed in the media."

According to a CNN poll released Monday, 73 percent of Americans think police should arrest Zimmerman.

Meanwhile, the difference between the typical teenager Martin's family and supporters say he was and the way he presented himself on social media is the subject of increasing debate.

As Dan Linehan, a blogger at Wagist.com, pointed out, correspondence with Martin on Twitter before he died alludes to an incident with a bus driver. "Yu ain't tell me you swung on a bus driver," Martin's cousin wrote to him on Feb. 21.

The same week, Martin was suspended for 10 days from Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School in North Miami-Dade. "He was not suspended for something dealing with violence or anything like that," his father said. "It wasn't a crime he committed, but he was in an unauthorized area [on school property]," declining to offer more details.

But a family spokesman told the Associated Press on Monday that Martin was suspended because marijuana residue was found in his book bag.

More than 25,000 were expected to attend an afternoon rally in Sanford, Fla., on Monday for Martin, including the Rev. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and other civil rights leaders.

"The media is getting the Trayvon Martin story wrong," Michael Brendan Dougherty wrote on BusinessInsider.com, comparing it to the 2006 Duke lacrosse case, in which three members of the lacrosse team were accused of rape, resulting in a media firestorm and public outcry. The accuser's case unraveled, and the charges were eventually dropped.

"Oh how little we have learned," David Shane wrote on PolicyMic.com. The media has rushed to judgment yet again. Now, it's quite possible that Zimmerman is guilty of everything his worst foes accuse him of. There is plenty about this case that troubles me. But that's exactly the point—I don't know. Neither does anyone else, and both the scope and tone of the media coverage ought to reflect that fact."

Firstly, you are wrong. A police officer may use their weapon if their life or the life of another is in imminent danger. (A 6'5" 300 Lb male is going to litterally snap the neck of a 5 year old child for example) There is nothing that says the other person has to have a weapon.

Now I will not condone or defend what Zimmerman did. I wasn't there and neither were you. What bothers me about this whole shooting is the apparently shoddy police investigation. Even with the "stand your ground" law, at minimum, while ensuring Mr. Zimmerman recieved medical attention, a crime scene should have been set up, the weapon should have been vouchered pending investigation, and Mr. Zimmerman should have been detained for questioning and getting full accounts of all of the witnesses. If during the course of their investigation they did not immediately have enough info, (those 911 tapes would have taken a little time to get) they could have released him after finding out where he can be reached. Later on, if there is probable cause to arrest him, then issue a warrant to arrest him at a later date. It looks to me like they gave him the benefit of the doubt and let him go, with his gun. Castle doctrine or not, the police should have done a more thorough investigation. Because of this, I feel that Martin or Zimmerman will not recieve justice. The police are there to discover facts, not take a side. Then again, I too could be wrong about the police investigation because only one side of the story was given and maybe everything was done to find the truth.

Another thing too is that the parents and the media is trying the case in the court of public opinion. We are only getting Treyvons side, not Zimmermans. That is wrong. Regardless of anyone's thoughts on this case, everyone deserves their day in court, and Zimmerman, if he is in the wrong, deserves his.

Why is the media showing these pictures #1 and not #2? In the end, all I care about is the truth.