This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it mean or wrong to block your family on facebook?
11-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Is it mean or wrong to block your family on facebook?
I'm 17 and have all of my step family and step siblings (in their 20's) blocked on facebook. I don't want them being nosey and look at my stuff or try to add me. I see them almost everyday and want to have my facebook private from them. I want my personal space. I don't want them to know about the guys that I talk to either Wink

Is it wrong or mean of me to block them??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:46 PM

It's neither wrong nor mean. I have my parents on facebook but only because we have a very close relationship, so everything they see they already know about. I block my coworkers for the same reasons you've described: I see them every day and don't want to mix my professional relationships with my personal life. There's nothing wrong with that.

Ads

No it is not! my daughter has blocked all of us!

It's understandable. I personally think it is creepy when parents read the Facebook pages of their children who are older than, say, fifteen or sixteen. After a certain point, they need to let you live your life with a little privacy.

here's the thing, if you can't show your family what you're up to, you're doing something wrong. just know, that stuff is out there FOREVER, you act like a jackassss a future employer could see that too...

No, of course not. You can share what you want to share on Facebook and you get to choose who sees it, too. I do not "friend" people I know from work because I like to keep my personal life separate from work. Also, I ignored a friend request from my own mother. She is a shameless gossip and I didn't want every little thing on my page scrutinized, criticized and reported to everybody she knows. You are allowed your space, especially from the people you already see and talk to every day.