This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how often should you speak to a relative?
11-09-2012, 06:41 PM
how often should you speak to a relative?
so i just met a great aunt over facebook, she isn't your typical granny. she lives in NC and i live in TX. me and her have so much in common, she is a super interesting woman. my question should I talk with her everyday or is everyday too much? because when we talk we can get into it for a couple of hours, gossip, gossip, gossip lol. i have the time but im not sure that she does. is everyday too much to instant message someone lol? if not then how often is appropriate hmm?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:49 PM

I would say so just because it might get old after awhile. For the both of you. My step-cousin Toby is my best friend and we talk like everyday but not as much as you i would assume. Like once every few weeks or every month or so we will talk on the phone for a couple hours. Its kinda weird since we are both guys but we talk about girls and stuff. So its all good Smile

I would say talk to her briefly every couple days and talk in depth once a week maybe?

Good luck!!

hope this helps!

Tyler

Ads

11-09-2012, 06:49 PM

Actually I think you should talk to her as much as you like! Especially if you just met her, you probably have a lot of catching up to do Smile

I really think older generations appreciate it when younger generations show interest in getting to know them. I have quite a few aunts/uncles and they always appreciate it when I send holiday cards or just phone them to chat.

Even if conversations tend to run long, you could always say "if you have to go, don't let me hold you conversation hostage" etc.

Family is a really important part of life, and I hardly think you could impose on your great aunt by IMing her frequently. Just don't start asking her for money lol.