This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I have to add my aunts and uncles on facebook?
11-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Do I have to add my aunts and uncles on facebook?
Coz my they told me to invite them on facebook... I really don't want to because they have my aim and my ym... And I want fb For friends and cousins only... Not "older" relatives ...
But really, I don't want to be friends with on fb... Bc we use aim and ym...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:50 PM

tell them you just want your friends on facebook for you rather talk or email them in private, some may be insulted but hopefully they will understand.

Ads

I hate that right!

Like when your parents make facebook or something like ugh. I dont wnt them seeing my stuff. so anoyying but i guess u have to kinda. Sucks right. just another kick in the nuts of everyday life.

Don't. I had mine on there, I got grounded for a month, and I snuck on Facebook one night and I updated my status and they saw it and told my dad. Then I deleted all relatives off facebook. It's your private life really, don't let them see things you don't want them to.

Don't add them. Just don't. I won't do it because sometimes you want to update your status saying something really nasty or just speak your mind and they think funny of you. You don't have to. Tell them you are not comfortable with that. You need your privacy.

Facebooks used to stay in touch with people.

Whats wrong with your family?
you must be embarrassed or something?
Just get over it and keep in contact with them!

x

The real issue is that you're growing up and your parents are still thinking of you as being younger and needing their direction on everything. This is your thing and it should have your friends, not relatives. If your parents want a website for family, they should do that and it might be fun for the family, but that's THEIR thing to do. I'm positive that when your parents were your age they did not want continual identity with their parents and relatives - life hasn't changed. Good luck.

This is one of the many reasons I don't use facebook anymore. At first it was me and a couple of friends but before I knew it I was 'friends' with cousins and my siblings and older relos. I mean it kind of oversteps boundaries.

Tell them you have your friends only.

I don't want to sound rude, but you must be younger than 25 or even 30. Once you grow up and stop putting nonsense on your Face Book page for your little friends to see, you will understand that Face Book is a place to keep in touch with relatives you might not be able to talk to all the time.
What about when you graduate? Get married? Have kids? You don't want your flesh and blood to see any of that? Maybe you should make a separate FB page just for your family..One for your goofy a s s friends and one for your serious, mature family life.
I also think it's rude of you - your friends aren't going to be there to help you out finanically and in hard times...You are turning away your family from seeing what's going on with you. If you've got that much to hide from your family, maybe you need to rethink if you're THEIR family or not..