This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I post something on someones wall without it showing up on someones newsfeed? (facebook)?
11-09-2012, 06:47 PM
How do I post something on someones wall without it showing up on someones newsfeed? (facebook)?
so I wanna show my friend a video so I was gonna post it on her wall. but it has curse words in it. and my mom always tells me how she is tired of seeing videos I post with curse words in her newsfeed. so i'm wondering how can i exclude my mother from seeing the one particular post? THANKS A BUNCH <333

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:56 PM

What are you saying

Ads

Well, You Can Always Block Your Mom on Facebook and You'll Never Be in Her News Feed Again,
How to Block a Person;
Go To He's/She's Profile Page and Go All the Way to the Bottom at the Bottom it Says Block this Person, and You Press that Button the Person Will Be Blocked.
He/She will Not Be Notified About this.

Yeah there is a way to do this. Just put it up as a post on your newsfeed and then click the little padlock next to the blue Share button. Then click customise and type in the names of the people you want to exclude.

If you want to do it as a wall-to-wall post, then I think it is also possible, but I can't remember exactly how, to create a friend group and link the post to the friend group.

But if you really want it to be private (or at least as private as Facebook can be), send it as a private message directly to your friend, which is like sending her an email.

you can de-friend your mom and then post the video. once you post the video and add you mom again. well then u have the problem of them asking why u are adding them as a friend again and so u just say that u accidentally deleted them while going though there page one day or if u no there password hack it. i have never done this before but this is the first thought that came to my mind so i hope it works.

if i were you i would hack it i would just tell her that u accidentally deleted he of just don't do it at all if you are ashamed of doing it don't do it also once you add her again you could just tell her what you did and then accept the punishment.

Send it in a message Smile

There is a little lock icon when you are about to post if you click on the little down arrow to the right of it then it should say "Everyone, friends of friends, friends, only me, customize" click customize, and it will have an option that says hide from these people: then you type in the name, and she won't be able to see the post Smile Hope i helped <3