This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I get people to understand that I don't want a social life?
11-09-2012, 06:50 PM
How can I get people to understand that I don't want a social life?
I just need Twitter and Harry Potter and I'm good. My family just doesn't seem to understand that I -like- staying on the computer all day and don't want to go outside and talk to people. My mum is always pestering me about it and my brother calls me a computer hog but I just want them to leave me alone to my Twitter and Tumblr ok. So how do I get them to understand? Should I throw my HP books at them?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:58 PM

You hit 'em where it hurts. Right in the genitals. Good luck!

Ads

11-09-2012, 06:58 PM

You really can't. I'm 32 years old and I've always been the type of person who doesn't need a ton of friends to get by. People who are social just can't understand that, and I've learned that there's nothing you can do about it. If you prefer to be more introspective, I personally think it's a good thing. You think about life more and how the world is connected. It doesn't mean you're a bad person, it just means that you think there's more to life than social stuff, which is great. I say just shrug it off and go with what is comfortable for you. You'll learn how to be social when you need to without using a lot of energy Smile