This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How come my embroidery looks NOTHING like the PE design?
11-09-2012, 06:52 PM
How come my embroidery looks NOTHING like the PE design?
I have been using PE design 7 to create a design for my Brother SE 400 embroidery machine. It looks great on computer but when the machine makes it, it is absolute garbage. Is it the cheap machine's fault, or the program's fault? Is there anything I can do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:00 PM

Are you using the threads recommended in the pattern?

did you make the settings on the machine to match the ones in the pattern?

Did you use a stabilizer [backing felt for machine embroidery] behind your fabric as recommended in your machine manual?

Have you chosen thread that match what was recommended in the pattern.

Sample the tension settings on the upper tension so that the bottom thread doesn't get pulled to the top and that both threads don't draw up the fabric.
Try another sample using your manual step by step as you do your set up in the hoop.

Maybe look for a forum or facebook page group for your machine and access lots of help from other users of the
Brother SE 400 embroidery machine

Ads

11-09-2012, 07:00 PM

It's hard to respond without specific information on what exactly is wrong. It may be possible to go back in to PE Design and fix such problems as spaces between colors, outlines not matching up, and thread density too light. Even experienced digitizers need to test their work on a machine. Or you may need to bone up on basic techniques such as proper stabilizing and thread tension. To encourage you, even the cheapest of machines these day are capable of doing handsome work, so the worst thing you could do is quit! Beginning machine embroidery can be frustrating-- persevere, join a group on line to help, and try again!