This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the purpose of Facebook and similar web sites?
11-09-2012, 06:52 PM
A friend invited me to join, I joined now that friend only communicates via facebook, we used to text and email, and phone each other.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:00 PM

there just a bit of fun

Ads

To keep in touch with friends

It's an experiment in social control!

Since everybody (almost) has access to the internet, those of us who have been foolish enough to lay bare our souls in such a forum are open to the abuses which go with such an act.

Employers are slowly cottoning on to this phenomenon, and may hire/fire dependent upon stuff they read.

As for me - I prefer to keep secrets. That's why none of you really know my real name!

it is like a social life on the web!
i like it! i have over 60 friends! most of whom i went to high school with and have not spoken to since then! it is great way to keep in touch!!

its not written in stone But I belive most People use it as a dating site a place where they hope to meet with others offline for a little fun and games

tried to keep it as clean as possible.

So if your parents tell you to clean your room or won't buy you a new iPod, you can complain about it to the entire world.

This site will explain the purpose of them and why people use them, and a list to the many other popualr networking sites.
http://socialnetworkinghelp.blogspot.com

It is supposed to be a way to communicate and share things with your friends and others, but it also a way of getting yourself a lot of problems if you put too much personal information on it. It is a good idea gone bad.

Facebook was created mainly for those who have graduated high school and are trying to keep in touch with their friends as they are all moving off to different colleges. But now its just used in the same way myspace, xanga, etc. are used. For fun and communication.