This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What activities can I do with my toddler?
11-09-2012, 06:53 PM
What activities can I do with my toddler?
Im a stay at home mother with an 18 month old toddler. Hes such a handfull & I feel like im not teaching him enough. Any suggestions or activities? Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:01 PM

Talking is the best thing to do.

Ads

Arts and crafts. Reading. Coloring, practicing letters and sounds. Singing. Are you able to take him places? Depending on where you live there may be a lot of free stuff you can do around town. We go to a "book baby" at the library. There are music classes, toddler art time, classes at the Y, indoor swim lessons. This is a good way to meet other moms too and to introduce your child to other kids.

You can do finger painting, arts, crafts, story time at your local library or free events you can find online or in a local kids magazine. Try Gymboree or your local community center for activities they usually have music classes and sports that run about 8 weeks long all year round for a great low price. You can teach him colors, letters, numbers, letter phonics, shapes body parts (which are good for if he hurts himself), his full name and even your name which is important if he gets seprated in a store. You can get learning material from your local dollar tree or store such as cheap good workbooks, flash cards, and some crafts supplies. I also go on websites like nickjr, disney, sprout online, and even facebook and join groups like toddler toddler, tiny giggles and smiles, and moms like me. They usually have good ideas. You should try learning dvds such as tag jr, leapfrog (22.00) or your baby can read. My daughter is 2 and is really advanced. She is already able to write her name and she is reading a little. Good luck