This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Discursive essay on social networking.?
11-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Discursive essay on social networking.?
I'm doing an essay on social networking; the benefits and constraints of the many sites that we use today e.g. Facebook, Twitter, MySpace. Can you please give me a list of benefits and constraints that you think I could put in my essay. I have my own ideas but i think I'm missing some topics. Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:02 PM

Benefits: meeting people and staying connected with old friends and classmates.
opportunity to connect with people of similar interest and goals, meet people from around the world with whom one might not have the opportunity to meet and discuss with elsewhere.
Social networks offer campus events, news etc. for students, thus are a good way to
obtain information. Can advertise a club, an upcoming event.
Profile info gives people and especially students a chance to create a positive self
image by putting your best qualities, hobbies, interests " out there."
Can be a means of mutual encouragement and support.
For disabled and people who are " shut-ins" or living far away from people, social
networks can be an important means of joining and sharing with others.
Can be educational: Sharing and learning communication skills, creativity, technical skills, and diversity.

Constraints: Privacy. It is important to realise that employers or future employers may be able to access so suggest not to post anything that could create embarrassment. Do not post private tel. numbers, home address etc. Adjust privacy settings.
Some people in social networking may not be who they pretend to be.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply