This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Poll: Do you think it is right or wrong to look at your childs facebook/emials/texts?
11-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Poll: Do you think it is right or wrong to look at your childs facebook/emials/texts?
My opinion? I am fifteen, and my parents completely trust me. As they should. They do not look at my text messages, emails or facebook. I willingly added my mother on facebook, and use the internet safely...other than this website. I keep my Yahoo! private, lol. But I don't do bad things, like drink, smoke, or do drugs. And I don't make sketchy friends over the Internet!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:02 PM

Yes

Ads

its totally wrong iwoluld never look into my children things

It's wrong, unless they have serious reasons to be concerned.

I never let my parents look at my facebook. It's the only place where I can have privacy.

You seem worthy of your parents trust, but not all children are the same. Most require some degree of supervision.

If you've got enough sense to use the internet safely, I don't see why your parents should have to look over your shoulder.

My mom is always doing that to me every chance she gets and I think it is wrong to look at ANYONE'S private stuff. But if it's your kid then it could be ok just because she might do some reckless things like give out her address because she's dumb or something.

Unless there is a serious reason to worry then I totally agree. But I also believe that it is up to a parent to bring up a child to be trustworthy and open with them, as well as making them understand the risks out there via internet.
If you bring up your child properly, you shouldn't have to check up on them in that way!

If you have watched the news lately...don't be surprised if all the kids you know now have their parents checking out what their child is up to. I hope all children understand that this may happens to them and it might not be because someone doesn't want them to have any privacy. Parents who love their children deeply want to protect them from things that they think they can control...by not letting their children make fatal errors.