This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this illegal if it involves a teacher?
11-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Is this illegal if it involves a teacher?
just friending a student on facebook. or following them on twitter. is it a law that they cant do it? or it is just greatly looked down upon?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:06 PM

It's looked down upon but I'm not sure its illegal. I'd say if they friend you and you accept. That better then you friending them. It also depends on the students ages.

Ads

I don't think so, that stupid, & if they're not doing anything inappropriate, I think its okay if they follow you or send you a friend request, but it would be weird to have a teacher follow you on twitter or being your "friend" on facebook.

I don't think there has been time to make laws against it and if being friendly is illegal something is wrong with the law. You need to discuss things with those involved if you are having problems with it or causing problems by it. Tell us what you think might be wrong if you want a beter answer.

It's inappropriate,but is it's NOT illegal.
Kids are idiots to put so much of their private/personal info out there for the whole world to see. You have given up all your privacy rights and now anyone in the world can see and contact you and they have all your information.