This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please help. I have no friends?
10-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Please help. I have no friends?
I'm a 16 year old girl. I go to an Online school just because it earlier for my family. Im going into my junior year of high school and im noticing how much better other people that I know, social lives are awesome. I go on Facebook or twitter and I see all these pictures and status of the them hanging out with their friends every weekend, parting and such and I feel like I totally missed out on it. I do have 2 or 3 friends that I hang out with everyonce in a blue moon but not a best friend and no one that I hang out with every weekend. I go to a youth group at my church, I just started a new job, I go to a air force type program for teens and I also play the violin and piano. So it's not like I have no where to meet people. The thing is I just can't get close with people I can never break down that barrier between talking and joking when we see eachother, to actually hanging out. I have never minded being sort of a loner I mean I'm with my family a lot and I talk to them so it doesn't bug me but I feel like I'm not a normal teen. Everyone is at parties on friday nights not at home watching a movie with their family. I feel like a complete loser. The upcoming school year I'm starting a vo tech school hopefully I can make friends there but idk what to do anymore. Please help Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2012, 12:57 PM

you can seem more interested in other people preferences, so ask questions and then the new friends will come... wish you good luck

Ads

i think weve all been there; not feeling like a "normal" teenager and all. next year, you will meet so many kids your age. just be friendly to everyone you meet. continue to be friendly. if they express negativity towards you or just seem like theyre not into you, then find someone else. be brave and ask if they want to hang out. if they say no, move on. odds are, they arent. sometimes you have to face your fears. sounds like youre a little shy! good luck youll be fine!(:

you can make friends anywhere you go, just believe you can.

My dear friend,go to some park and start talking aloud to trees.Trees are great friends.You will get confidence within few days.It will help you to be friends with other students.

do you enjoy being a loner?i do. i dont have any friends either, only maybe one or two.but most of the times i have no friends, people just dont like me & thats ok because i figured i dont like or need them either and they can leave me the heck alone.

Alright, I know kinda how you feel. I'm a 17 year old male and I've experienced this too. It is hard meeting people when you don't go to a public school. Go to local places like malls, parks, etc where a lot of people go, and start making friends. You sound talented and friendly so you shouldn't have a problem making new friends! Just DON'T let your teen years go by without making tons of friends, you will regret it! Add people who live in your area on facebook and just message people you can see yourself being friends with and get to know them! People arent going to judge you unless you're a complete asshole... Trust me. People are more tolerant than you'd think; and would probably be interested in getting to know you more! Hope I helped, being social feels great because you can know tons of people and get your feelings out and express your opinions and all that. Just be yourself and go out and meet people (:

You could also start hanging out with your friends' friends and get to know them, or have your friends introduce you to people!

Hope I helped (:

Oh yeah; and going out to parties isn't always a good thing... A lot of bad stuff happens at them, trust me. Cops get called, drinking, drugs, which aren't always bad in some cases, but just focus on making as many friends as possible, and it's good that you hang out with your family a lot! I used to ignore mine until i realized how important they are to me, no matter how many friends you make, NEVER pass up a chance to stay home and watch a movie with your family (: ever!

I was in almost that exact situation a while back. I started homeschooling, broke ties with most of my school friends, and ended up with just a handful of friends.

But... I can promise you, it gets better.

The youth group I went to was great, the people where friendly & funny and I eventually made more friends.

So my advice is, try to spend as much time with your youth group as possible. One of the jobs of a youth group is to be welcoming.

Just keep your head up, it gets better

i think that you should just try to talk to people first at school. just be all "hi." and smile at them and if they say hi back try asking what grade are they in or say "im (your name here)" and if you and that person becomes friends, try to become friends with their other friends. im in the 10th grade and i understand how it is sorta hard to make friends

Be friendly to others and they eventually be friend with you. Meaning listen what they saying be intersted in others, ask questions and last thing be your self!!! Follow those steps and will work. Hope you meet new friend good luck!!