This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Court Injunction against photos on Facebook. Can someone do that?
11-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Court Injunction against photos on Facebook. Can someone do that?
My father has posted photos of my cousin and him on an outing in legoland last year. These are just normal family photos that people normally take on family outings. Now my cousins dad (my fathers brother-in-law and my uncle) wants the photos to be taken off my dads facebook immediately for some unknown reason. Today my uncle said that he will issue a court injunction to have the photos taken off facebook. Why would this occur, is my uncle allowed to do such thing and does he have the power to do anything?

Thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:08 PM

No - idle threat. But he should respect his wishes - he could appply to FB and request they are removed.
The problem with all this is which country would it apply to ? (it's not called the world Wide Web for nothing) and what about all those paedophiles, would-be kidnappers and search engines who have already downloaded the images ....

Ads

The posting of photos in facebook is linked to the legal right of copyright and privacy of third parties.

The background as to why the photos should be removed is irrelevant. If the person in the photo objects to the posting, they can call on the privacy laws and get them removed. But why doesn't you dad just blank out the uncle's face??

Sounds as though there are problems in the family which are more important to get resolved than just a few snaps.

I don't think so.

All I know is that Facebook is now in the papers every day for all the wrong reasons. It's become a sinister haven for political groups, child molesters and bullies. It started off as a bit of a laugh but now it's gone bad. I would advise you to deactivate the account and stop using it.

You'll still be getting spam emails from them for eternity though.

I'm not totally sure after reading the other answers but my friend has successfully gotten her ex to remove pictures of their children by the courts.she is going through the courts for custody reasons but one of the stipulations was that he remove the pics and he had to......so im not sure.