This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I be bothered that my boyfriend talks to his ex?
11-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Should I be bothered that my boyfriend talks to his ex?
I saw this note sitting on my boyfriend's desk. It was from his ex. She was talking about the reason she deleted him off Facebook, how she's been with her current boyfriend for over a year, & how she agrees to meeting up at Starbucks. Obviously, my boyfriend wrote to her first.

IDK, I'm not worried about them getting back together. I just don't know if it is wrong or not. It seems they are trying to make peace & be friends. Who knows?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:09 PM

yeahhh i hate when they talk 2 there ex's!
that is there past!
feelings could come back!
i wouldnt like it!

Ads

no but id keep my eye on it

This might just be me bc im kinda the jealous type but ide be very botherd by it mostly because he didnt tell me that he wrote his ex...that would mean hes hiding things from you...if i was you ide wait a while to see if he tells you about it and if he doesnt then you kno hes hiding stuff from you..then you will kno whether its something to be botherd by or just making peace

peace is 1 thing cheating is another. be careful to not read to much into this unless you start to notice changes in his behavior towards you when she is around. that will tell you something isn't right. take care..

I'd feel uncomfortable about it. But you need to talk to him and make sure that there is absoultely nothing going on...oh and threaten to pour hot oil on him if there is!!!!!!! lol *wink, wink*

I hope everything turns out fine. Glad I could help! Smile

Yes because maintaining contact with a former girlfriend, or boyfriend, opens the door to a possible renewal of their relationship as, during a conversation about the past, they may decide they can overlook whatever it was that caused them to break up in the first place -- it can also cause the person presently in a relationship with them to become jealous and giving someone a reason to add a negative dimension to their personality/behavior is definitely unacceptable.

Tell your boyfriend you read the note he left on his desk and want him to explain why he felt it necessary to contact her and why he's trying to renew their relationship -- it's doubtful he'll be able to tell you anything which isn't self-incriminating. The reason he contacted her because he's been thinking about her and, as you said, he wrote first. If he was contented with your relationship, it wouldn't be important to him to 'make peace and be friends' with his ex ~ this isn't the same as maintaining a good relationship with the person you divorced because you share custody of the children. It's my opinion he's hoping for a second chance with her so, if I were you, I'd break up with him.