This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it lame to make a facebook group for a house party?
11-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Is it lame to make a facebook group for a house party?
I am throwing a house party 3 weeks from Saturday and have 10 people that i am friends with that i am going to invite and tell them they can bring there friends, boyfriends and girlfriends...since I dont no how many people they are going to bring do you think its ok if i make a facebook group to see about how many people are coming or is it lame?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:11 PM

It's fairly lame, but why should you care?

Ads

HELL YEA THAT'S EFFIBF LAME, LIKE SERIOUSLY, WTF, A Facebook group party? WTF!!!!! THAT'S EFFING RETARDED OMFG ARE YOU THAT LAME OR DESPERATE

Well to me it's not if that's the only way you can keep in contact with ur friends than no it's not but if you can call them or you every kind of way to keep in contact with them than that's when the situation occur.

Why not make it an event instead of a group? That way the group won't 'hang around' forever (people won't have to then join AND leave a group) and you can still send out information and see who your guests are

First off facebook is lame in itself.

Second, just send them an email, call them, talk to them in person to figure out how many people are going to rsvp.

Depends on how many people you want at the party. You are asking your friends to invite people you don't even know? This could be trouble.
Invite your friends, tell them they can invite their boyfriend/girlfriend and one other person, that way you will have 30 people. That is enough for a house party

Not lame at all! Just make sure that you keep the event "private" and not public-- like that one girl who set up a fb event and had thousands of random people rsvp! HAHA! I had to read the story again, i'll link you to it in case you want to laugh! =P
Have a fun party!

Not at all, but like someone else said, make it an "event" rather than a group. As long as the people you are inviting use Facebook and check it often (or get email notifications), it seems like the fastest and most convenient way to go. It's not like it's a fancy party, right?

No....if you have friends you have friends numbers just text them and get the fuck off your computer