This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I just started to be a Avon representative, where is the best place to find customer?
11-09-2012, 07:03 PM
I just started to be a Avon representative, where is the best place to find customer?
Beside family/relatives, friends, that I already knew. I feel kind of awkward walking into people and start advertising or hand them a brochure. I've already made Business cards and such.

Please give me some advice. Any comment or answer will be appreciated.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:11 PM

Just hand them out to some stores and tell them that if you get a customer from their store youll give them 10%, but u dont actually do that lmao Big Grin

For example, a grocery store checkout area.

Ads

I would....
wear a pin that indicates you're an AVON rep.
wear AVON perfume and if some comments on it use it ask open door to talk AVON
carry a few samples of the perfume you wear and if someone comments, hand them a sample and your card.
Have a link on your Facebook page to your online site.
Use FB to advertise.
Host some coffee/make-over parties (like a SPA party)
Ask some friends to sell for you....have them earn $ towards a product for every item/amount they sell or customer they bring you.

Best wishes!

EDIT: my school has an AVON rep. Two actually

The best place to find a customer would be 1965, ma'am. I didn't even think Avon still existed. Have you thought of sticking brochures in peoples' screen doors in nice neighborhoods? Maybe ring a few doorbells in suburbia, where there are still some stay at home moms? You're not going to get very far if you're afraid to talk to strangers. By the way, if you do blind drop-offs of brochures, make sure that ONLY your first name and phone number are on there. You don't want some whacko dude showing up at your home or anything. Be safe!

I find that Facebook was my number one place for meeting new customers. Not only did I advertise on my page, I also sent out individualized messages to all my facebook friends. With those messages I sent, not only did I get new customers, but I also had people to sign up which started my downline. You make more money if you recruit other people. As far as meeting people in public, there are several training courses online that will help you with not only this area but many others as well. If you go into the grocery store & stand at the meat counter speak up & open the conversation with wow look at the price of this meat today! Or standing at the gas pump " can you beleive the price of gas now" these are great conversation starters & it opens the door for you to be able to sneak in some sample of some affordable everyday necessities such as shampoos or perfume! I hope that this helps you & if you have any other questions feel free to email me Smile

well really the point avon is that you drop it off at peoples doors so that they can order stuff from the comfort of their own homes. You have to apply with avon for a certain area and then they will tell you if that area is covered or not(if it is try a few different areas). Obviously the best place if you can get it is your own village/town, you can walk it so no petrol costs, plus you'll already know some of the people. Once you're doing an area and your comfortable with it you can apply for another and gradually increase the amount of houses you're covering to increase you're sales. Trying to hand them out to random people in stores etc. doesn't actually work that well because an awfull lot of the people will already get the catalogues. Also it more akward because any people who do order will live all over the place and you'll have to get their orders to them. Work hard and I hope you get on well Smile