This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think about parents who create a facebook account for their 1year old child? Include reason.?
11-09-2012, 07:04 PM
What do you think about parents who create a facebook account for their 1year old child? Include reason.?
My sister in law created a facebook account for their 6month old son - i think its ridiculous.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:13 PM

Maybe the same reason people do it for their pets- they think it's cute.

Ads

That shows how ignorant some parents are.. Not to judge but really ok I can see a 8 or 10 yr old kid because they can play on it ect... But no I think its ridiclous....

I think it is fine. It is great for grandparents or other friends and family that want to keep up on what is going on with a child, especially those that live far away.

Of course the parent could include the child's activities on their facebook, but I can see the desire to keep them separate.

I can see that. My mother in law would love to have access to my profile, but I'm an offensive, loudmouth asshole, so I'm selective about who I add. If I made profiles for my kids, MIL could talk to just them and see their photos without wading through the offensive things my friends post to my wall. I don't personally add minors, but whatever.

I dont really care....

If they want an account that is only their babies so that person can take control of it when they are 12/13 and can trace back what they were doing when they were 2 years old I dont see a problem with it.

It's hardly a reason for ire, but it's one of the many reasons I don't do Facebook.

My 1st thought is: what's it to you? why do you even care? Ya, I think it's kinda silly, but whatever, it's basically just like an online scrapbook of their child. I think the people who create facebook accounts for their pets are even more silly.

As someone who works with cases involving child abuse and exploitation I think it's irresponsible and stupid to put pictures of your kids online. Facebook has really shady privacy policies and there is no way to guarantee those pics will remain private. They have already defaulted everyone to public settings once.

It is odd.

We have our photos on a private photo account that family can access if they want to see our sons updated photos. Why would I put my child on a social networking site a six months old? I miss the days when Facebook only permitted those with a university email. Now it is open to all and it is ruined. Turning into a MySpace.