This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to convince your parents to let you have a facebook?
11-09-2012, 07:06 PM
How to convince your parents to let you have a facebook?
My parents are so strict when i comes to myspace and facebook and ive tried literally everything to help change their minds, so what else can i do to convince them? PLEASE MAKE A GOOD ANSWER. I swear my mom will say no to everything so im trying to see what i can. She said i should ask my sister and she said yes but then when i go back to my mom she still says no! ???what do i do???

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:14 PM

idk make up excuses and reasons why you should have one. im in the same position and im just as clueless!

Ads

Well, my mom wasn't sure about me having facebook, but I just made it behind her back. One good excuse is, if you have homework and you don't know what it is, you can ask your friends. It keeps you in touch with them. It's 100% private, and no stalkers can stalk you.
Hope it works.

well maybe you should tell her that all your friends and family are on facebook & you want to keep in touch with them, or if that doesnt work maybe you can make one behind her back. thats what i did but then when my mom found out she was cool with it Smile

tell your parents they can be your friend and check your facebook any time they want. Say that you want to contact relatives on facebook and keep in touch with friends. i did this for my parents and they said its ok, and now they don't really even care. they let off on me.

tell your mom the reasons you can't call, e-mail or see you friends >so you will need a facebook account

When i first got my myspace, I didnt tell my parents cause they wouldnt let me have one. But one they found out i did, they got mad of course, but they didnt do anything about it. Then a few years later i got a facebook and my parents were okay with it. Theres nothing wrong with these websites even though i prefer facebook cause it way better. Tell your mom that on facebook and on myspace that you can keep your pictures and profile private from people you dont know or you dont have as a friend. Also if I were you, just get a facebook, tell her that it wont harm the comuter or laptop un like myspace. Mypsace can make your computer slow and give viruses. Trust me! I'm a fourteen year old girl and i get good grades, a's and b's, mostly a's. Tell your mom that getting on facebook will not affect your grades in school! well hoped that helped?

Tell her about the privacy settings, and how only friends can see your profile and no strangers, same with photos and info.

My youngest son wanted a facebook so I allowed him if I got his password and he friended me so i could watch over him.

the excuse i used was 'it's a high school thing, and it's easier to access stuff for school from here" but make sure you fill your sister in on whatever you're gunna say, it seems like your mom would go to her to see if it's true. good luck!