This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I sell this before my dad does?
11-09-2012, 07:08 PM
How can I sell this before my dad does?
My dad rammed my car, causing $400 worth of damage to it. He cancelled my insurance right after the wreck, and the police refuse to file an accident report so I can't press charges on him. However, he has a Jeep Cherokee at my house. It's a junker, but it would make a good project. I want to sell it since there's no title. He is also trying to sell it. I want the money I rightfully deserve, so how can I sell it before he does and still get about half my money?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:17 PM

A word of caution. Just because you do not have the title does not mean that it one does not exist. If the vehicle was ever titled in your father's name technically the title is in his name. Sell it and you could be charged with auto theft.

To sell or junk this vehicle you need a clear title. Even if it will be sold as a project vehicle. Without a title there is no way the new owner could legally transfer ownership to their name.

Selling a vehicle that you do not legally own could cause more problems than you would solve.

Grow up. Work with your dad on this.

Ads

who owns the jeep?? if ur father does u cannot legally sell it....meaning if u sell it he can press charges and u will go to jail for auto theft...

** but anyway to sell it call any scrapyard they should give u about 100 bucks for it.....
advertise it on craigslist......facebook...myspace.....local trader.....

walk into ur local parts stores and tell the ppl behind the counter u are selling it....and ask if they know anyone interested....etc...

** btw if car was insured at time of the wreck file an insurance claim......and let ur dad explain it to his insurance company...

sorry no title, no one will buy

im unsure of who if anyone wud ever buy a car without a title.. if u get caught.. ur in trouble. careful !!

can ur mom talk to him bout giving u the $400??