This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would it be weird for me to want to be a pastors wife?
11-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Would it be weird for me to want to be a pastors wife?
I love church and ministry, would it be weird for me to want to be a pastor's wife?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:18 PM

I knew a girl in high school that I ran into on Facebook recently and found out that she had thrown away a full academic college scholarship (including room and board) to marry a youth pastor that turned out to be a real jerk. Most pastors are going to have issues - and due to their responsibilities to the church, they don't usually make very good husbands.

------

You deleted your question about the pastors son after I had already written a response - see below:

Pastors sons tend to be seriously screwed up - it comes from a combination of their fathers not being around (while they are busy pastoring and whatnot), their own feelings of superiority, and peoples fear of offending the pastor, should they bring up their sons behavior.

The 10 year old son of the pastor at the last church my wife and daughter went to was an insufferable pain the a**. By coincidence, he went to the school that my Mom worked as a teaching assistant at, and she (and the other teachers) all agreed.

I went along on a church trip to go bowling - and before we left, he and my daughter were out on the playground. At first he was just bragging about how he was going to beat everyone else at bowling (typical little kid crap), but then I overheard him say that '[my daughter] needed to die'.

Needless to say, I was more than a little concerned about that. So I proceeded to tell him (in no uncertain terms) that if he ever talked to her again that I would crush his f**king nuts with a pair of vice-grips.

He laughed it off, and started running around being his typical douche-bag self, so I cornered him and (without laying a hand on him) told him that other people might put up with his B.S. because he's the pastors son, but I didn't have any such concern.

He started to act like he was getting the picture, but then we all left to go bowling, and I forgot that the first thing that a little p.o.s. like that will do after he gets called on his B.S. is to go run and tell mommy.

Mommy showed up at the bowling alley, and started screaming at me for cussing her son out. I asked her if he had happened to mention what he said to my daughter (of course not) and told her that she needed to keep her f'ing son away from my daughter, and that he was lucky I didn't twist his f'ing head off.

'You'd go to jail if you touched him' she screamed - to which I replied 'Yep, and I'm not that stupid'. She said that I needed to find a new church to go to, and I reminded her that it wasn't 'my' church in the first place. I also pointed out that it wasn't exactly her place to be telling me where I could and couldn't go to church (she started getting really mad - and left in a huff).

I went back to bowling, and I kid you not - every single person that was there gave me a nod of approval or a pat on the back. Mainly since that kid had been single-handedly responsible for a new rule at the church that kids over the age of 8 did not get to go to childrens church anymore, and would have to sit in the sanctuary during church service (rather than punish the boy responsible, they punished all of the kids).

The pastor called me later that night, and I told him that his boy had a serious problem. He said 'this is the first I've heard of it' (which was b.s.) so I explained that most people are afraid of offending him (since he's their 'man of god' or whatever), and that I had no such concern.

My wife was a little mad about the whole thing, but I told her that I will NEVER stand by silently while some jerkoff kid talks to my daughter like that. Unfortunately the kid probably just went right back to being a dumba**, while my wife and daughter found another church to go to (a better one - with more activities for the kids).

At any rate - stay away from 'son of a preacher man'. He sounds like an idiot.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply