This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What specific topics teenagers are interested about today?
11-09-2012, 07:10 PM
What specific topics teenagers are interested about today?
I was wondering what are some main topics teens are focused on today. I know mainly it is all about the music, the twitter, and the facebook. For music, it is about them having their favorite artists to listen to being their role models and all. And dressing like them. Fashion is big too. Like snackpacks or whatever it is called. That is some kind of outfit that a lot of teens wear. Please give me some examples and explanations and I will give you 5 stars for the person that is more detailed. Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:18 PM

Sex
Boys/girls
Hollywood
Facebook
Magazines

Ads

Lol, "the twitter" "the facebook" --> leave out 'the' and just call it facebook & twitter.
I think you nailed all of them. You could talk about their favorite music, try to pick out ones they might like. For example, a girly girl might be interested in talking about Selena Gomez or Demi Lovato.

Legal synthetic weed
If you have kids warn them against it because it kills!

Those kids today play too much grabass!

Haha, snapbacks are just hats that you can adjust.
Hmm, clothing is indeed a huge factorr. I'm not like most teenagers but from what I've seen kids like Northfaces, Nike- Jordan shoes. Hottopic store. < turned poser
Forever 21 < popular for teen girls.
Necklaces with themes such as bears, shoes, feathers, owls. Uh, figurines?
Ray Bran glasses
Skinny jeans, yes.
Hollister (gag). Aeropostale (cheap). American Eagle (cool) um ab&fitch (like hollister)
Musice wise...
Rap- Wiz kalifa < not really into him
Poser "metal." Suicide silence, asking alexdria, never shout never
Real metal- SOAD, whitechapel, Behemoth, hatebreed
Uh, taylor swift I guess.

Electronics- anything expensive.
Xbox army games, mwf.
Sims- awesome
Androids and Iphones
Flip phones, no.
Touch screens, yes.

I can't really answer this question because I'm not like the average teenager.

I do listen to music but I don't have one specific band that is my favourite, I have a mix of different songs and artists. I don't use twitter but I do use facebook. I've seen in most cases that people just add others for fun that they don't even know. I don't do that because I don't really see the point. I don't really dress like anyone but I do wish I could dress like Jane from Daria. I do dress in what you would call emo or goth most of the time but I vary. I have bright colours, a skirt, short pants and also long baggy pants. One day I might be wearing something a little tight (which is by all means normal if not less, my pants don't show my pocketc because they are so damn small) and others I dress pretty much like a boy.

When I look around today I see young girls wearing shorter and shorter pants. I have warned my little sister not to wear anything shorter then mid-theigh because I find it disturbing when I can see a 12 year olds butt cheeks and her parents just let her wear it. In todays society children are starting to think more and more that looks matter and in my eyes they are dressing like sluts. I've been asked several times by my peers and younger children why I don't wear tighter school shirt and all I can think and say is that I don't need someone staring at my chest when I am not interested in them. I have a boyfriend (over a year now heh) and he doesn't care what I wear, he likes it when I dress a little seductive but he likes it when I dress cute with big clothes.

Most kids seem to like the topic of sex, music and sometimes roll modles. I don't really, there is no one I really strive to be like.

Oh well I hope that this helps, sorry that I am not like most kids. Oh I also have a large interest in crime, horror and mystery novels, movies and TV shows. I hate Twilight.

CLOTHES
SEX
TECHNOLOGY (NOT THE SUBJECT, BUT THE TECHNOLOGICAL THINGS THEY HAVE)
FACEBOOK POSTS AND PICS
CELEBRITIES
DRINKING (SINCE THAT'S ALL THEY TALK ABOUT IN SONGS)
BEING THE FLYEST/DOPEST

For a boy it would probably be the sex girls and music. Sex.... How to get laid? Tips on how to please a girl and probably even discuss the pleasure! How many times they have done it! Probably share tips and ideas amongst themselves! I remember a friend telling me one of his moves to use! Girls..... How they look? Rate them from 1 to 10! talk about their girlfriend! Probably some go all the away to tLking about a girls body their attitude how easily can they hook up or just be friends. Music..... Probably not too much into the expressing their feelings music but music about partying and having sex. ( here in my country there is too much sex music) sharing music and discussing new artists and admiring sexy ones(female artists). Also sharing music that express feelings that they have at home! Some would listen to love songs to impress the girls...... Talk about sports... Latest in tennis. Latest in guy style the whole sagging...... Hmmmm talk about coolest rides in town and illest sports like skating and riding!

Girls I would say they are into music boys clothes and the lovey dovey stuff! Music.... Sharing music. Listening those songs about love and partying. Probably discussing hot make artists! Sharing pictures( nous would do this also) boys.... They would discuss the hottest guys in town or even t.v! Take pictures! See who can get the hottest boyfriend! Discuss what they want in a guy and hey who knows maybe discuss sex with them! Clothes.... Share ideas in the latest fashion share clothes rate other girls clothes from 1 to 10. Discuss make up and what matches and what not. Lovey dovey..... They would share with their friends their latest conversation with their boyfriend! Miss their boyfriend! Discuss what makes their boyfriend perfect! Why they love their boyfriend? Share their sorrow when dumped............

I would say that is the basics...... Jeje a teen' s life is complicated!

Facebook is number one site for connecting with peeps, and digital drama. Besides texting and sexting ofcourse.

Twitter, not going to lie, statistically there is hardly any teenagers on that website. Most people in high school made fun of it. Its "lame"

Music yes - you're considered cool if you like classic rock. Also trendy Youtube videos and parodies - especially the ones with cats in them. People like Smosh, NigaHiga, and Shane Dawson, and Ray williamjohnson are very popular.

Teens also love John Stewart and Steven Colbert. Its where they get their political news from.

Also they get a kick out of making fun of Justin Beaver. She's this big teen sensation.

Teens are also focused on video games, thats a big one. And what do you mean by snack packs? Food? Most people eat school lunch.

A typical teen will wear skinny jeans, converse(6 out of ten of them I guarantee), and a shirt with some band's name on it, probably the Beatles or something.

For teens, the "geek" label is becoming cool. Which means if you like japanese anime, and video games you're super unique and awesome!

If you have XBOX 360, be prepared to have people asking to come over a weekends. Teens also have this OBSESSION with Bob Marley.