This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do me and my birth mother keep contact?
11-09-2012, 07:10 PM
How do me and my birth mother keep contact?
I found out a year ago who she was for she came to me through email and told me. My adoptive parents found out and cut off contact. How can I be allowed to see her and talk to her legally. Even if it takes a lot of courage please tell me.
I'm 15 by the way.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:19 PM

Obviously when you were adopted there should have been a main person who arranges it. Like the one that goes to the house and see how the person is doing. So I would get in contact with that person. But id really go tell ur adoptive parents that I want to see my real mother and u can't stop me. But you should arrange to see ur mom without ur adoptive parents finding out. GOOD LUCK. Let ur will be strong.

Ads

You are still a minor, and legally, you can't make this decision.

Your parents can legally keep you from all contact until you are 18.

What can you do?
Pitch a fit. Tell your parents that you want contact. Demand it. Scream. Slam your door. Throw stuff.

Or lie. Create a Facebook (or whatever social network site) with a fake name and confidential passwords. If your b-mom does the same, she can pretend to be a school friend.

Cheers.

Talk to a teacher or a trusted adult and / or threaten to take your so-called "parents" to court for denying you your rights. Unfortunately, they can stop you having contact, but you can also use a friend's account and/or (as Allanas said) create a fake account.

Also tell your so-called "parents" that you will apply for emancipation at 16 if you cannot have your way. They may agree. You do not say how far away from your place your real mom lives, but you could also meet her physically outside school hours.

Do as the others have suggested and also point out to your parents they can't stop you doing what you want when you are 18.

Keep posting the exact same question on yahoo.

Legally they can stop you as a minor, morally I find what they are doing abominable. What is legal isnt always moral and vice versa. We only get one mother in this life and I would tell your adopters either you have contact now or once you turn 18 you will go find her and cut them out of your life. You dont owe your adopters anything, they should have told you this as soon as you were old enough to understand. They might pull the "we choose you", what about us argument..their feelings should not be your concern. Be prepared to bit the bullet for 3 years and then tell your adopter, thanks for caring for you, but you didnt ask to be bought and sold and your moving out.

Actually it IS the law that you can't make contact until you are 18. Unless your parents say so. Very PATHETIC that people are actually telling you to lie to your parents and break the law, etc. Truth is, you only have 3 years until you can meet them so why not just wait? These people are acting like you are with fake people. They are not cardboard cutouts, but your parents and they love you and are doing what's best for you! I'm sure they will have no problem with you meeting them at 18.

they should put you on the street and then you can go and live with her.

You have NO legal right until you are 18 yrs of age. In the meantime if you don't go by their rules they can place you where you will go by the rules.