This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I block my statuses and wallposts from certain people?(Facebook)?
11-09-2012, 07:11 PM
How do I block my statuses and wallposts from certain people?(Facebook)?
So,my friends like to post inappropriate wallposts/comments on my wall or statuses,and I don't want my parents/cousins/relatives,etc. to be seeing them.But i still wanna stay friends with them.Well I HAVE to stay friends with them.Soo, how do I block those people from seeing my statuses and wallpost without unfriending them?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:19 PM

either you unfriend or block the person completely or
create a friend list of those whom you want to share with
or
whenever you update a status
click the corner cog like thing.
then block the status form the respective person

Ads

Go to privacy settings --edit settings of 'How you connect'--'Who can see Wall posts by others on your profile?'---click on the option to the right of it,,, click it on custom..then a box will appear ...in 'Hide This from box' type the name of your friends from whom you want to hide your post by others.

you can block your statuses by using the privacy icon on the bottom right of the status box,(it will be labelled either as "friends", "public" or "custom") then click on the arrow next to it, choose custom. that will open a mini window which will allow you to pick who to see that certain status and who should not. remember to use that option every time you update your status

as for wall posts posted on your wall by your friends, well there is not much you can do with those except deleting them... but you can go to privacy settings and see on "thing other people share with you" if you can not customize posts posted on your wall by your friends

the only way after the facebook last update is to divide your list of friend to several groups and put the ones that you want to see their status update as close group . by the way there are no privacy after the last update of facebook just a little so try to keep your most status for only the close group to see.
https://www.facebook.com/Kimokon1