This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Talked to my dad for the first time in ten years. He sas he's had people lookin for me. what do I do?
11-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Talked to my dad for the first time in ten years. He sas he's had people lookin for me. what do I do?
Yeah. And it looks like he has managed to see my facebook as well, even though it's private. I'm a little scared, because my family tells me a drug addict and a snake in he grass.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:20 PM

well just make sure to keep him at a distance and if you plann to see him make sure you have a good friend with you that you trust- good luck

Ads

If you're genuinely afraid, contact your local police about your options. Don't leave yourself vulnerable such as traveling alone at night if you think he could mean it in a threatening manner. Are you sure he didn't just mean he was trying to get in contact with you? Best of luck.

Don't listen to what anyone has to say about your father. Get to know him for yourself, then make your own judgements.

First of all that isnt your dad. Thats a sperm donor. Since we got that out the way theres only one thing to do. Stay away and if he truly wants to get to know you or w.e he has to work for it and let him know that, that means no drugs and all that nonsense. For your relationship to be strong it will take YEARS so dont try to fill any empty void of not having a dad or w.e but I do think you should give hima chance like communicate over the internet, next the phone, ask him for half his salary (joking) and all that stuff then you take it to webcams and then maybe even hang out time in a few years

Kris,
I understand what you feel. I am a 57 year old man. My mother and biological father divorced when I was less than 1 year old. My mother always knew where my father was even when I was 40 years old.
My oldest son and I started looking for him when I was 35. My mother refused to help and even lied to me about knowing where he lived and knowing about his brother and sister.
We finally found him in 2008. He died in 1998. My aunt and uncle were the ones we found first. They told me how he had looked and had hired private investigators to look for me.
I never got to know the man who was my Real Father. I am told stories about him from my aunt and uncle that are FAR different than what my mother told me.
I wish I had known him. I will never know the TRUE DAD I had.
You have this chance to know your father. DO IT. Find out for your self what kind of Dad he is. You will not regret it. If he is as bad as you have been told you will know for yourself. He MAY not be the man that he has been made out to be.
There are 3 sides to every story told about someone. 1. My side. 2. Your side. 3. The truth.
I hope you find the truth and it is GOOD for you.
P.S. My Dad left me a nice inheritance.