This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How am I ever going to get famous?!?
11-09-2012, 07:14 PM
How am I ever going to get famous?!?
Okay, so I am a fantastic writer. I've been writing books for two years and I currently have 11 books halfway done. I decided to make my books chapter by chapter, blog-style. I posted my first chapter, but nobody viewed it! I am also good at making lyrics fo music, and kinda good at making music. I am als good at drawing and making comics. I've practiced all of these techniques and I am not getting noticed. Does anyone have any ideas?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:22 PM

11 books halfway done could have been 5 1/2 books done.

and, frankly, the internet is a shitty way to get noticed. try entering writing competitions, or band-hunting (you can sell designs/lyrics to bands for loads of money. and if they're successful, your art gets that much more publicity.)

and remember; do not get angry at constructive criticism. i've grown a lot as an artist just by surrounding myself with the most critical people i could find and showing them my art. Granted, you will feel cheated when they flip past your favorite piece and critically dissect on one of your lesser works. there will always be haters and terrible critics. but you, as the artist, should figure out how to separate the good info from the bad as soon as possible.

it takes roughly 10,000 hours of doing something to be a master at it. So get going already.

Ads

11-09-2012, 07:22 PM

You know i'm sure you are,but why do you have to be famous? i thinks its good
enough having great fans that you already have...even though it may not be that many
and famous isn't always a perfect. There's practically no privacy especially with celebrities
and some get Very depressed & overdose,or not act themselves..only some not every
though cause its good most of the time(im guessing).if you mean you want more
people to read your blogs and other stuff.just find places to advertise.tell your friends
to check this out whether they are on twitter,facebook or yahoo
or join a writer's group or club(which are recommended and share your stuff their.;p