This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How is privacy an issue?
11-09-2012, 07:18 PM
How is privacy an issue?
writing a paper on how privacy is an issue for our future considering all the people with facebook, myspace, twitter...and stuff that contain all our personal information. Any suggestions or ideas???

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:26 PM

well i do have a myspace && a facebook.. But i don't put too much information on mine. But some put people put there number on there && where they live && i think that is definitely a problem. There are some nasty perverts lookin for that kinda stuff.

Ads

Everything you post stays around forever - so things that you post are not private, but now become public domain.

Employers will look up information online about you. They will find things you posted years before, and use that to determine if they should hire you. So things you post (that you consider private) can be used by a stranger to determine your eligibility.

Well it is interesting that Rupert Murdoch owns my space and he owns FOX and the Wall Street Journal and tons of other things. One of the richest and most powerful men on the planet and now all of us on my space have put our lives on there plus our political feelings about conspiracys etc. All the bulletins can be read and we don't know if we say something about 911 or the New World Order or anything like that is being monitored. Just something to think about.

Here is an article about social networking privacy. I thought it might help: http://www.commonsensemedia.org/you%E2%8...-you-think