This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is inequality that effects men negatively 'just life' when its the worst thing in the world when its women?
11-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Why is inequality that effects men negatively 'just life' when its the worst thing in the world when its women?
Case and point: child support and reproductive rights.
omega: if youre going to try to be smart, try not to be wrong.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:26 PM

Inequalities that affect women negatively used to be "just life" as well until a bunch of women got together and brough their issues to light and then worked and lobbied and educated for equality.

You will probably have to do the same thing.

Ads

maybe you should start an interest group to promote gender equality (that's how the chicks did it)... i wholeheartedly agree with your case and point but as a man, i don't care to whine about those issues. i just do my best to avoid getting someone pregnant

It is affect not effect.

Affect is a verb, meaning to cause something to happen. Effect is a noun, which is the result of having happened. Here are two sentences that illustrate:

Mary wondered if her tutoring of John would beneficially affect his grades. ( "Affect" to cause his grades to improve --Verb)

John got an A on his exam, due to the positive effect of Mary's tutoring. ("Effect" the positive result of Mary's tutoring -- Noun)

Lots of people confuse those two words. I hope this helps to clarify.

Probably because it involves children. It's bad to not pay me the same if I do EXACTLY the same job as you and do EXACTLY the same at it, just because i'm a woman; but it's worse to expect me to abort a child or even to keep a child when you have no intention of doing your part in helping.

On the other case, it is equally as bad to stop a man seeing that child if he's paying for it (And safe to be around) but most family courts seem to forget that.

As someone else said, better to start a movement about it. But do remember women have suffered as second class for thousands of years, it's not hard to imagine why some will go over the top if they believe it's starting again.

For men, it's just life since men do not normally take a stand on the few issues of inequality that occur. They do not object or find a way to counter-act it, they merely accept it (Alex's answer proves this point). Women do not consider it the worst thing in the world, they just address the issue, no matter how complicated, this may blow the issue out of proportion, which would give it the appearance of being the worst thing in the world, when in truth, it is merely them fighting back. If men fought back, which they might do on occasion, then it would seem as if they blew it out of proportion as well.

This is the difference between the scales of justice being balanced in theory and how it works in practicable application. Millions, if not billions of men plant their seed and walk away, leaving the woman who thought she was loved and cared for - "Kisses aren't contracts / and presents aren't promises" as one poet said - to struggle to meet all the child's needs alone. Women are already handicapped since they make only 77% of what men make across the board (that is not a fake statistic - I went to the Census to get it) so it is harder for them to provide for the child. So, as you can see, the disparity is, for lack of a better term, consequence driven. The consequences for your two examples to the women who become involved in these two issues are FAR more severe than what the men may suffer. A man may mourn the death of the child on some level, maybe even quite deeply, but in the real world he may not have wanted to be intimately involved in that child's care or want to support it.

And I have to say, from what I have seen there is not NEAR as much disparity in the child support arena as there used to be. Sometimes the pendulum swings a bit slowly, but it is always on the move.

So now I have a question for you: Why do women make so much less than men make for the same work? How is that OK?

Society considers men expendable. There are also 200 federally funded commissions on women's health, but not one for men.

Men account for 40% of domestic violence victims, but no government money can be spent to help them.

http://OtherFaceOfAbuse.org
--------------------
Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men & Women
http://dahmw.org/
http://otherfaceofabuse.org/DAHMV.org-Facebook
--------------------
http://Dads-House.org
http://www.facebook.com/DadsHouseEdCenter
http://www.YouTube.com/DadsHouseEdCtr

http://www.crckids.org/
For 22 years, I have volunteered my time working with divorced/single fathers dealing in family law issues, such as child support, teaching them about what the states are not telling support obligors.
♂♀

Reproductive organs are different on both females and males *NEWS FLASH*

Do you really want to go there? Where we have control over what each gender's reproductive system?

Abortions are a "moral issue". I, and many others just like me, believe abortions are wrong, and no matter what, there will never be a law that allows someone to have moral control over another human being.

I just love questions like this, because it's like men don't "think" about the possibility of pregnancy before they have sex...because THAT is where both genders are equal... We both have the right to use protection, or to say no.

As for child support, it's a whole other issue, becaue the child is here... It deserves physical, moral and financial support from BOTH parents.

What inequality?

Child support. Every child has a legal and moral right to be provided for by their parents and every parent has a legal and moral obligation to protect and provide for their children. If I was a non-custodial parent, I would be writing cheques to the father.

Reproductive rights. People have a right to decide when or if they will have children. Unless you are religious or just nuts, you believe that. If you include abortion rights, that means you have a right to choose to end an unwanted pregnancy.

Men can't get pregnant. That's biology. I get it that men are affected by pregnancy too but you can't force your wishes on someone else about what to do with her own body.

If you are going to have sex, then be mature enough for the possible consequences. I would advise not becoming intimate with someone who isn't similarly mature. If you don't believe abortion is right, don't be with someone who disagrees and vice versa.