This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I protect my pictures on facebook?
11-09-2012, 07:19 PM
How do I protect my pictures on facebook?
I want to upload pictures on facebook, but I don't want anyone to be able to copy them or save them on their computer, and I'd rather not get a watermark.
Can anyone tell me how to disable the right click on the photos?
Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:27 PM

You can use a program to put your name on their so they know it belongs to you, I don't know if it is possible to disable the right click. Wise choice on this by the way, good luck

Ads

make your body tag look like this:

<body oncontextmenu="return false;">

That will prevent right click.... sorta. You have to understand this will only stop the most basic of user from getting your content. You can't show a picture without sending the data so no matter what if the other party knows what they are doing they can download it.

Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, ....and all the other social sites do not have right click and save picture as disabled in the Website....you have to put a watermark on it....or best thing to do is...put a general warning somewhere close to your photos that says "warning - these photos are copywrite and belong as such any attempt to right click and save will not be tolerated and reported"......other than that not much else you can do.................i guess that is one of the big problems with social networking ...someone can always steal your photo's........that's why i have only 2 twitter accounts and i use a twitter bird for my photo and not of myself.....

http://twitter.com/cfmike2010