This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How come society always blames young women when they get pregnant?
11-09-2012, 07:21 PM
How come society always blames young women when they get pregnant?
Someone I know blocks girls off Facebook whenever they get pregnant if their young, not financially ready, etc...
Then he says "close your legs" but they didn't get pregnant on their own.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:29 PM

The girl is the one who's actually pregnant so nobody focuses on the father.

Ads

i don't know... i think he's either jealous of the guy that she was with, or really snobby.

because we should be responsible for our own bodies, that being said i had a baby at 19. i was on birth control at the time, it's not 100% effective.

Well it must have taken the same gender of that misogynistic, arrogant andlow in intelligent idiot to get them that way in the first place.

Girls can control their bodily movements (in most cases)....!!

It's true that the guy is responsible as well. But both parties did what they did knowing the consequences. If the guy you know doesn't want to surround himself with people making this life decision it is understandable and his decision.

Society sets the standards that many live by... young girl pregnant is bad... guy sleeping around with girls is macho man and a stud.
When people stop setting separate standards for men and women, things will change, but as is... men aren't made to feel so awful about getting a girl pregnant. People excuse men because the women are supposed to be more responsible. Doesn't that make it nice for the men? They're not accountable because they can't "control" themselves and are just doing what men do.

If the girl is underage... the parents would be wise to have that father pay child support. It kind of shows him he isn't free to fool around and walk away.
Society needs to stop seeing just a pregnant girl or women sleeping around as a problem and start saying the same things about men who sleep around. Double standards are just excuses.

It takes 2 people to make a baby, but, in many cases, only one of them bears most of the responsibility- the mother. So they should be more motivated to avoid getting pregnant on their own. Cause she'll be the one stuck taking care of the kid while the father is off banging other girls.

Because he can't comprehend it in his brains.
xD
Just simple biology end of story.