This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I the only mother that NEVER goes out and has no social life?
11-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Am I the only mother that NEVER goes out and has no social life?
I am browsing facebook and seeing all my friends who have kids posting photos of them out with their friends or changing their profile display thingo to "making jelly shots" or "can't wait for saturday night". I honestly have not gone out with my friends at night for almost 3 whole years! And I can count the amount of times I have consumed alcohol since having my daughter on one hand lol. I have no life, do you have one?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:31 PM

No, that just means that you're life is already quite full. Full of taking care of your daughter and of other things that are keeping you preoccupied. I would actually prefer to 'rest' rather than go out. Things actually do change when 1. you are married. 2. you have a child. 3. you go back to school. 4. you have another child... etc.

Don't fret on 'going' out and 'having a life' bit. You do have a life, it's one that encompasses taking care of your daughter more than having a blast consuming alcohol with the 'girls' out in town.

Have you considered inviting friends over? What better place to consume alcohol than right there at your home? Don't have to worry about being safe while on the perilous driving while intoxicated trip home. Remember that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence (could be more manure, for all you know?).

Give a big hug to your daughter Smile I'm sure she appreciates all the things that you do for her. Be sure to take pics of them, they will grow up quicker than you will want them to. Really.

Ads

just hang in there mate - it gets better! They get older and suddenly you have too much time on your hands.

Why not get hubby to let you have a weekend in the city - you guys must be raking it in out there and you deserve some relief

Haha, hell no!. I have enough time to catch up with one of my girlfriends for a coffee once a week while my daughter is at Nanny's and my step-sons are at school. On the day I go out, I always end up falling behind in housework.
I haven't been out in 2.5 years and the only time I have consumed alcohol is on Australia Day this year. The only reason I can't wait for every second weekend is because my step-sons go back to their Mum's house for 3 nights (although I love them to death, it can be such a relief).

I'm the same though, I see some of my other Mother friends drinking alcohol and partying either at home or out in town and it makes me a bit angry. I figure, my kids don't want to see me like that, nor would I want them too. I figure partying all the time is a privilage I gave up when I chose to have a family.

I think even if I did have time to do it, I still wouldn't. But at the moment, my hands are more than full, as I can imagine yours are also.
XX