This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am using twitter to attract new clients but all I get following me are my peers in the same profession?
11-09-2012, 07:23 PM
I am using twitter to attract new clients but all I get following me are my peers in the same profession?
How can I attract clients in addition to my professional peers on twitter?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:31 PM

Start following people who you think are your potential clients.

Honestly, I really don't know anyone who has had great luck with twitter as a sales resource. For example: there is one etsy user who has about 20000 twitter followers yet she has barely any etsy sales.

That doesn't mean you should stop twitting, you just need to realize that you do it b/c if you don't it's not good...

Ads

11-09-2012, 07:31 PM

Hi Amy,
I think what the other poster meant was: Are your potential customers on Twitter? Simply because 'everyone' seems to be on Twitter does not mean your prospective clients are there.

You haven't mentioned your profession, so this is going to be a bit generic.
First thing to do is write a profile of your ideal prospect - age, gender, etc.
Then do a search for the keywords you are using to find clients.
The first 5 results in the search engine (it doesn't matter which one you use, but if you decide on using Yahoo - stick with just Yahoo).
Finally, put each website address one at a time into the link I'm giving you below.

Here's what you're going to find out:
Your ideal client demographics - their gender, income range, age range and depends on the website age, what other things interest them. You will also see what kind of traffic they get.

As for Twitter, I'd simply find another way of reaching people in my market.