This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it possible to not be related to someone and look like identical twins?
11-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Is it possible to not be related to someone and look like identical twins?
There is a guy on facebook who looks exactly like me featurewise except a little bit in the nose. He looks like the male version of me almost and there are not many people who look like me. I look more like him than his own sisters. Is it possible to not be related and look that much alike? We know that we could not be related closely because he is from germany and I am american.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:32 PM

its possible bc we are all related

Ads

Yes! Haha one time my friends said they saw some guy that looked exactly like me at a place I have never even been before so it couldn't of been me....kinda scary o_O

Absolutely possible. When I was in college, a woman looked so much like me that people I didn't know would walk up and talk to me about things I knew nothing about until I'd say, "I'm not Jane". They would act surprised and walk away. A friend was looking through my yearbook and said, "Wow what a good picture" and I had to admit it was not me but Jane. I have no reason to think we were related. Very weird.

It is possible, anything is possible. Not very likely, but possible

of course... I read somewhere that there are approximately 3 other people who look similar to an individual... I guess there isn't that much genetic diversity after all, now is there?

Yes. The mother of a coworker and I look remarkably alike even though I can find no relationship in either of our ancestors. When I was little there was an ad for a dance school and one of the little girls looked just like me. You are asking about doppelgangers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelg%C3%A4nger

Oh yes it is possible....I went to school/college in another country, so no one there is related to me and one day I was called into the princples office ( you only went there is you were in trouble) and I was told I had been seen in a bar the evening before and she demanded to know why I was out of dorm and drinking in a bar.....all I said was it wasn't me...and lost my leisure time because of it.....the following week I was called in again and told I had missed lectures and had been seen in a local town shopping and 'carrying on' ( which normally meant with a guy)...it wasn't me ( I wish I had as the lectures that day were boring)...but at least this time I could prove I was in lectures even though I am sure they didn't beleive me.............it was some weeks later my friends and I was on the beach and I saw this person and she looked so much like me it was scary.............

Yes, case and point: Kim Kardashian and Melissa Molinaro: http://www.jsyk.com/2011/02/18/old-navy-...ong-video/ Still, when you meet your doppelganger, it feels a bit strange but it is said that everyone has one.