This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How does this Twitter thing work? Any ideas? Can I get advice cos I'm a new user?
11-09-2012, 07:26 PM
How does this Twitter thing work? Any ideas? Can I get advice cos I'm a new user?
I have just joined Twitter for the first time.
I uploaded my pic and started to follow Sly Stallone cos Im a fan. But my question is, do the celebrities ever see the fans comments and can they reply to you? How do we know its the real people?
And can you contact them?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:34 PM

If you need help on Twitter.. follow me at @Torkona3 or @TheBlogPlan. look me up and ask me your questions!

But quickly to answer your questions, Celebs often do see the comments (unless the account is created by a fan or staff of the celelebrity), they sure can reply to you but you dont know for sure if it is the real person. The best way to know is if there is a tick symbol against their name that says 'verified'

hope that helps!

Ads

If it is the real celebrity it will say "verified" on their profile and will have a blue circle with a white checkmark next to their names. They can see the fans tweets if you tag them in it. For example a tweet could be "I love @TheSlyStallone" that means you tagged that person in that tweet. Therefore, they get a notification saying that they've been "mentioned". They can reply to it but celebrities usually don't. And you can only contact someone and send them a private message if you are both following each other.
Hope this helped!

If you put @theirusername in your tweet it will go to their mentions. They should then see it, but it's up to them whether they reply or not. Just because they don't reply or retweet doesn't mean they didn't see it and appreciate it.

The only way to tell if it's the real celebrity or not is if they become verified. If they are, on their profile they will have a blue tick and it'll say verified account. You couls also go to the celebrity's official site or try and contactt their agent to see iff they actually do have twitter. If they don't then you'll know that account is a fake one. For example Helena Bonham Carter isn't on twitter. But there have been a few accounts claiming to be really her.

You can contact them two ways on twitter:
(1) If they follow you back you can send them Direct Messages.
(2) @ mention them, Just put @theirusername in your tweet and it will go to their mentions.

Just don't hold your hopes on getting a reply because most big celebrities will have 10,000s to 1,000,000s of followers a lot of who will also be @ mentioning them.

EDIT:

Not all celebrities are verified so just because their account isn't verified it doesn't mean it isn't the real celebrity.

For example: @James_Phelps and @OliverPhelps aren't verified. But these are the accounts of the Phelps twins who played Fred and George Weasley in the Harry Potter films.

To see a verified account go to @Mattdavelewis or @stephenfry

Yes, if you want to comment on something, you just use the mentions feature. For instance, if your friends twitter name is Joe, then you can mention him by @Joe. Responding depends upon the other person. If they are interested in responding, yes they will respond to you.

That's a big question (because, in Twitter there are many spam bots). For celebs and popular people, Twitter has a feature called "verified accounts". If you see a verified account badge (its more like a text) in the profile, yes then they are the real people.

Contact them? Yes, you can contact them through Twitter mentions and Messages. Contacting them through other means (like emails) depends upon the user. If they have listed an email in their profile. Yes, then you can contact them.