This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I delete my FaceBook account what happens to the last messages I've sent?
11-09-2012, 07:27 PM
If I delete my FaceBook account what happens to the last messages I've sent?
I want to send a message to my contacts on FaceBook telling them I'm leaving and giving them my email address.
I don't know when all my contacts will read my message though.
If I close my account are my messages going to be deleted from their inbox because my account won't exist anymore or it will be kept?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:35 PM

Hello.

I would suggest you send all your contacts an email saying you're leaving Facebook but I would think hard about giving out your email address. I would set up a temporary email address for which you could use for Facebook contacts only. The benefit is that your friends could write to you at this specific address, but that anyone you don't like, or wish to have any dealings with, (or even nasty emails) you could ban from contacting you by blocking their email addresses. I would leave the last message you send open for 24 hours.

However...a word of caution. You cannot delete your Facebook account. You can only close it down. These are two different things. I wish there was a delete button, but there isn't. Once your account is closed no further access (hopefully) by you is required. Anyone on your Facebook account will know your account has been closed.

If you were to reopen your account which you can do,you would see all your messages as they don't get deleted.

I have just closed my Facebook account due to security breaches.

Hope this helps.

Big L 266

Ads

11-09-2012, 07:35 PM

The only things you'll lose are any admin statuses you may have had in any groups you created. Messages you send to them won't be deleted, they just won't be able to click on your name to get to your profile.

Also when you close your account, you'll always have the choice to reactivate at a later date if you so wish.