This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think that young people getting pregnant is becoming a trend?
11-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Do you think that young people getting pregnant is becoming a trend?
A lot of people on Facebook are getting pregnant, and other young mothers. They shop online for maternity outfits like it's the trend or something. What's going on with the world? Do you believe that it's true or just because people think so?
I agree with the first answer. l live in the UK and they get absolutely everything. Benefit, a house and free nursery care.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:40 PM

Yep, my ex-friend had a baby just so she could be called a "yummy mummy" and only knew the boy 2 days, what a slag, don't affiliate myself with weirdos like those any more.

In the United Kingdom, where I live they also take advantage of having kids at a young age because they'll be entitled to benefit money for each kid they pop out.

NOTE: I am not judging every teen mother out there, because I do not know all to judge, just telling you my opinion on what I am seeing.

Ads

there have always been young mothers but modern media make the situation more visible to the rest of the population

Yes! it's ridiculous! Most of them are idiots!

The young have always had children,what do you mean by young,someone in their late teens or early twenties or 12 year olds,generally speaking more young people start families as opposed to old people or is old to you someone in their thirties.

there arent many teenagers getting pregnant to be truthfull its just the media blowing it all out of proportion and making it sound like loads of teens are getting pregnant when in actual fact its only a small percentage of the teenage poulation that are getting pregnant.

Not a trend no, young girls don't just want kids because everyone else their age is having them most of the time they do not want to have a baby and it is an accident. You shouldn't criticize them as some if not most of them do turn out to be fantastic parents if not better than other ones.

I think that it is being glamorized by having a teen pregnancy. Look at the show teen mom. Yeah it shows some of the difficulties that they face about being parents but I feel like it more or less shows the moms and look at how cute these little babies are. So when teens watch that they think that it is some magnificent life that they want. Also I feel like some people do it to get there boyfriend to stay with them.

Yes, it has. It's saddening to see children having children. My friend is 17 and pregnant and the guy is no longer in her life. There are so many problems with getting pregnant young.

Yep.
Since I left school...just over a year ago... (so people are about 17, or just turned 18)
20 of the people I went to school with have had children... that's TEN PERCENT of our year!
I love how at this rate my children will probably be going to school with their grandchildren Tongue