This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should adults have the right to read what you post on facebook?
11-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Should adults have the right to read what you post on facebook?
Do you think or should adults like parents, teachers, college admissions have the rigth to read what you post on facebook/blog/twitter postings, websities or is it invasion of privacy? Well, I chose that it's invasion of privacy, but i quite dont know how to describe it, so I want to get peoples opinions on it and if you could please explain, also you also discuss the 1st amendment!! thank you!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:41 PM

yes, it is right. no matter who you are, you have the rights to facebook. if you dont want them to read your post, then dont post something that shouldn't be there.

Ads

anything is fair game on the internet

if they wanna look on there time well sh*t nothing we can do not isnt there

I think its fucked up that high schools can punish kids for what they put on facebook... as long as its not something from a school event or on a school computer. If your under 18 your parents basically have the right to look, but I don't see the point of college admissions counselors looking at that shit. I however do understand why a potential employer would look at someones facebook b4 hiring them.... you just have to remember that when you post something it is out there for the public to be seen... so dont be stupid.

Just set your profile to private and don't let them be your friend... if you let them be your friend, its basically giving them permission to look at your site

The First Amendment prohibits Congress from "ABRIDGING FREEDOM OF SPEECH" - I don't think your entries in Facebook come under that heading, unless one of those "adults" was trying to censor you....

Parents may choose to check on your Facebook entries for the simple reason that there are predators out there that specialize in hooking up with preteens and teens for their own purposes. They will "friend" you and seem really neat and cool and post lots of stuff to make you think they are attractive and they think that YOU are attractive too. These creeps know how vulnerable we are at that age and play on your doubts and insecurity.

It is parent's job to protect you until you are old and wise enough to do it yourself.

Teachers and college admissions? Hard to see why they would, but in today's world perhaps they are following up rumors, if you've been a little stupid and posted personal photos of an intimate kind that again could attract the bad guys.

Believe it not, most adults are really trying to protect you, not just from all the bad people that are out there but from your own immaturity.

It is not an invasion of privacy. If you choose to post something on the internet, you have decided that it is not a private matter.

are you kidding?! of course people have the right to and will read whatever you post on those sites. once you put it on the internet, then you made it public, you gave up your right to privacy. if you want something private, then keep it that way. the 1st amendment says you have the right to say what you want, as long as it isn't slander against someone else. slander is saying something about someone else that causes them harm and is not true.

It is NOT an invasion of privacy. Any social website is a public forum so anything you post can and will be read by others. You can restrict your privacy settings but other people will still read your posts. If you want privacy don't post on any internet site. Freedom of speech allows you to say anything you want without persecution (or is it prosecution) but it also allows people to listen to what your saying because what is the point of having that freedom if nobody is listening.

First of all, we are all human beings and we all have the same individual rights. The problem with Facebook is that the new privacy settings don't allow you to have a complete control about how your data is revealed.

For example, if you have on your list of friends your mother and your father, and you want to hide some of your friends from them, you can't because the list of friends cannot be hidden from "friends". This is not the way it was two months ago, and people who had their list of friends hidden were forced to automatically reveal it, without even being informed about this.

So the problem is that the Facebook CEO reveals your data without any kind of punishment, any times he wants.